Abhishek is a senior associate with Right Lane with strong quantitative and analytical skills. He has a particular interest in helping clients translate their strategy into financial performance. He has demonstrated creative problem solving skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas to clients effectively. In his time at Right Lane, Abhishek has worked with over 50 clients on more than 100 consulting projects – a reflection of his work ethic and his colleagues’ confidence in him.
In the last year, Abhishek has worked on projects involving:
- Strategy and planning: Helping a large non-profit financial services organisation to refresh its long-term strategy. Co-developing measurement, monitoring and review processes for a prominent Victorian non-profit organisation. Assisting a financial services organisation to cascade their strategy throughout the organisation.
- Organisation: Leading an organisation redesign process for a large non-profit financial services organisation. Working with an investment team of a superannuation fund to build a high performing investment team. Helping teams create alignment within their teams, improve their ways of working, and boost their effectiveness for multiple financial services organisations.
- Growth: Developing a business case for a financial services client to enter a new market. Working with a non-profit disability employment service provider to develop a growth strategy and business plan. Working with a client team to develop a growth and implementation strategy for a new business. Helping a client team to identify and prioritise potential opportunities for inorganic growth through mergers and partnerships.
- Superannuation: Abhishek has served 15 superannuation fund and fund service providers on nearly 70 projects, ranging from Board strategy offsites to investment team capability building. He has worked with investment teams of three funds on projects relating to strategy development, operating model design, and business case development. Abhishek has played a leading role in Right Lane’s thought leadership in superannuation, contributing to the Retirement Incomes Forum and the development of Right Lane’s 2017 and 2018 Industry Super Forces at Work report in which he wrote the chapter on ‘Building high performing investment teams’.
- Analysis and modelling:Working with a client team to diagnose the organisation’s current situation and challenges for a large industry association. Helping a non-profit financial services client develop an understanding of the key strategic issues facing their business. Developing financial models to assist a client with its pricing strategy. Conducting industry analyses to help clients understand the changing environment and the implications for their organisations.
Abhishek holds a Bachelor of Engineering from Monash University with First Class honours.