Gary is a Chartered Accountant with 40 years experience across a range of industries including a specialisation in professional services firms. Gary is an expert in business valuations, mergers, acquisitions, divestments and financial due diligence. Gary has valued numerous financial planning, accounting, consulting engineering, architectural services, and general consulting firms for business succession and the entry and exit of owners.
His recent projects have included:
- Valuation of an accounting firm for entry and exit of owners as part of a business succession plan
- Valuation of a national consulting engineering firm for the exit of a retiring owner and the development of a valuation methodology to offer equity to key personnel
- Valuation of a financial planning firm for a potential acquisition
- Development of a share valuation model for a financial planning group
- Financial due diligence on a Brisbane based mining services company on behalf of a private equity fund
In addition to his advisory activities Gary is an experienced non-executive director and company secretary and is currently Chairman of Yumbah Aquaculture Limited, Chairman of OHM Chartered Accountants and Company Secretary of Viridian Financial Group Limited.
Gary was a Partner in EY for 18 years prior to establishing his own practice, Elary Corporate Services Pty Ltd. Gary is the Responsible Officer for the Australian Financial Services Licence held by Elary Corporate Services Pty Ltd and is also a Registered Tax Agent. At EY Gary advised on all aspects of start up and early stage high growth companies and medium sized business.