Linda is an Associate Principal at Right Lane Consulting with experience across a range of sectors including financial services, telecommunication, healthcare, education and government.
She has extensive experience in organisational transformation, customer strategy, performance improvement, supply chain optimisation, procurement and sourcing, cost management, organisation design, and governance.
Linda’s recent projects include:
Strategy and planning:
- Facilitating a steering committee of organisational transformation programs for multiple clients in financial services and telecommunications industry.
- Facilitating a series of strategy workshops for a not-for-profit organisation to define their five year strategy.
- Developing a market segmentation model to unlock potential customer value for a client in the telecommunications industry.
- Working with one of Australia’s largest universities to design a ‘fit-for-purpose’ operating model.
- Helping a leading telecommunication player to design and operationalise performance management process, from success metrics to governance cadence.
- Working with operations teams to improve the client’s structure, processes and performance management.
Linda was previously a leader in the procurement and analytics team at A.T. Kearney. During that time, she spent two years in rural Africa designing and implementing a maternal health program. Her ability to manage multiple stakeholders, influence senior government officials and overcome obstacles resulted in successful pilot of an emergency dispatch system. The program evaluators estimated that 57 maternal and 200 new born lives were saved in a single district in the first year. Prior to A.T. Kearney, she worked in the strategy and operations team at Deloitte, and at Terra Firma Consulting, Macquarie and Goldman Sachs.
Linda holds bachelors degrees in Commerce (Finance and Management) and Arts (Psychology), from the University of Melbourne. She is a fluent Mandarin speaker.