Our expert team of consultants are passionate about what they do.
MARC LEVY (FOUNDER / DIRECTOR)
Marc is the founding director of Right Lane Consulting. He has played leading roles in strategic and business planning processes for nearly 100 organisations, worked with more than 80 CEOs and facilitated around 600 management and board workshops. To our knowledge, there is no more experienced leader of strategy and planning processes in the country, and Marc is one of a handful of top team strategy facilitators globally with more than 10,000 hours of experience in this discipline.
Marc’s engagements have included:
- Strategy and planning: Running a third consecutive strategic planning process for one of Australia’s largest super funds. Co-creating integrated strategy, planning, resource allocation and budgeting processes for a UN initiative. Leading processes to cascade corporate strategies, initiatives and metrics through to business and divisional plans and individuals’ performance development plans for industry associations, healthcare clients and super funds.
- Vision and purpose: Assisting clients in professional services, financial services, consumer and industrial products, and the social sector to create galvanising company statements that provide context for strategic decision making and act as a rallying point for employees.
- Growth: Leading projects centred on growth options evaluation, pricing, merger candidate qualification, new product and market feasibility, and brand strategy.
- Organisation: Working with clients on organisation design, decision making, meeting effectiveness, service provider alignment and resource allocation optimisation. He also helps clients to align their organisation structures and operating rhythms to their strategies.
- Stakeholder engagement: Moderating highly inclusive stakeholder engagement processes in the local government, aged care and superannuation sectors.
Marc has completed transformational work across several industries, including having made contributions to reviving a major global sport in Australia and saving a 150-year old Victorian institution. Marc has worked as a strategic advisor to several award winning not for profit super funds and their peak bodies.
He holds business degrees from Monash University and the Melbourne Business School and a PhD from the University of Melbourne on a topic relating to economic and social participation policy.
ZOE PAPPAS (PRINCIPAL)
Zoe is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has been with the firm for 11 years. In the past three years, Zoe has worked on nearly 130 consulting projects and facilitated over 200 workshops, primarily with executive teams and boards.
Zoe has developed a reputation for clear thinking and communication, including the ability to reframe complex problems making them easier to understand and solve. Her projects consistently achieve high client satisfaction and advocacy ratings, in part because she stays close to clients and their wants and needs. Zoe prides herself on never missing a client signal and always being on top of how directors and executives are thinking about her projects.
Zoe has extensive experience in leading strategy, planning, growth and organisation projects in the financial services, retail, healthcare and government sectors. Her recent projects have involved:
- Strategy and planning: Facilitating strategic thinking and strategic planning workshops with a multitude of for profit, not for profit and government organisations. Facilitating steering committees (including a diverse range of stakeholders and views) as they oversaw a critical organisation change. Developing a strategy and organisation design for a disruptive specialty retailer with a promising growth trajectory.
- Vision and purpose: Working with several organisations in the financial services and travel and leisure sectors to help board and executive teams rethink their vision and purpose statements to help guide strategic decision making.
- Growth strategy: Facilitating staff and board workshops with one of Australia’s largest industry super funds. Working with a large client team to transform a financial services organisation’s approach to growth strategy, from executing priority growth options to supporting a subcommittee of senior directors to advance the merger agenda.
- Organisation: Leading organisation redesign projects for wealth management, superannuation and telecommunications industry clients. Helping clients to design and operationalise integrated performance management systems, from corporate balanced scorecards to individual KPI frameworks. Working with marketing, business development and operations teams to improve the effectiveness of their structures, processes, resource allocation and performance management.
Before joining Right Lane, Zoe had 15 years experience in operational and management roles. She was previously a business manager, financial controller and management accountant in the publishing, entertainment, communications and IT security industries. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Melbourne Business School.
CHIARA LAWRY (PRINCIPAL)
Chiara is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. Chiara leads our public sector practice and has deep experience in the public and social sectors where she has extensively as a strategy consultant and policy adviser.
Beyond the public sector, Chiara also has consulting experience across a broad range of industries including financial services, industrial goods and the retail industry. She has experience in strategy, digital transformation and business development and is passionate about supporting her clients to solve their toughest problems.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Working alongside the CEO and executive team of a fast growing technology company to reset their vision and define their core values.
- Organisation design: Working for the executive team of a government social services agency to redesign their operating model to increase program integration and improve client outcomes.
- Growth: Supporting the CEO and executive team of a national advocacy organisation to scale their influence in response to increased government funding.
- Stakeholder alignment: Designing and leading a co-design process to bring together government community leaders and end users to design a new initiative to support economic development in regional Victoria.
- Digital transformation: Leading the customer journey mapping for a financial services client.
Chiara has a deep passion for social impact and has worked with a number of local and international NFP organisations. She was a founding volunteer and board member at the Oaktree Foundation. She has worked with indigenous organisations in the Cape York Peninsula and the Tiwi Islands. She has served a board member and deputy chair of Environmental Justice Australia.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Chiara worked at the Boston Consulting Group where she was a core member of the public sector practice. Chiara was a policy adviser at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet in Canberra where she worked under the Rudd and Gillard Governments on health reform and international policy.
Chiara has a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Australian National University and a Masters of Public Administration from Columbia University.
DEBBIE WILLIAMS (SENIOR EXPERT)
Debbie is a senior expert at Right Lane Consulting with 22 years of consulting experience across a range of industries including government, community services, education, health care and financial services.
Debbie is respected by her colleagues and clients for her ability to quickly synthesise complex information, assess the potential of opportunities and ask probing questions.
She is an expert in governance, strategy development and implementation, and performance improvement. She has contributed significantly to Right Lane’s knowledge and methods in the areas of assessing board capabilities and effectiveness, growth strategy and merger option evaluation.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Developing the Council plan and Business plan for one of Victoria's largest metropolitan councils. Conducting strategic planning processes – including the facilitation of executive team workshops – for several clients.
- Organisation design: Working with the Executive team of a social services organisation; designed a new organisation structure and accountability framework to aligned the organisation to its new strategic priorities.
- Governance: Working with directors of a professional services company to diagnose governance challenges in the partnership structure and collaborate to establish the framework of an improved leadership structure.
- Growth: Helping the board of a major institutional investor agree on a growth strategy and build a new management structure, working from strategy, through capabilities, to PDs and KPIs.
- Merger assessment: Developing a merger assessment tool for a homecare health services provider to guide the Board’s decision making on potential partners.
In addition to her consulting work, Debbie is an experienced non-executive director. She is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company and from 2009-18 was a non-executive director of Monash Health the largest health service in Victoria with a budget of over $1.8 billion.
Before Right Lane, Debbie was an engagement manager at Booz & Co. She has a MBA (with distinction) from one of the world’s leading programs at INSEAD, a masters of operations research from Auckland University and a bachelor of commerce from Canterbury University.
MATT HARDY (SENIOR EXPERT)
Matt has spent more than a dozen years in consulting, including five years at McKinsey & Company and seven years with Right Lane Consulting, leading high-performing teams in strategy, organisational and operational problem-solving studies.
Matt’s recent projects have included:
- Reviewing operating models for super funds, fintech companies, a major energy company, mining companies, FMCGs, supermarket retailers.
- Reviewing strategy and operating model for the digital R&D agenda of an ASX100 company.
- Reviewing operating rhythms for the investment department of a leading super fund.
- Reviewing an organisation’s values, with respect to connection to strategy and performance culture, for a leading corporate client.
- Facilitating a series of strategy reviews for the Australian office of a global FMCG company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a leading logistics company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a diversified industrial holding company.
- Supporting a super fund in developing an integrated growth strategy.
Matt previously worked for seven years in management roles in the finance function of wholesale bank Abbey Financial Markets in London and the United States. His industry experience spans financial services, mining, retail, consumer goods, transport, energy, oil and gas, telco, government and not for profits.
Matt holds an MBA from the Melbourne Business School (Dean’s List) and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
CHLOE MITCHELL (ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL)
Chloe is an associate principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has expertise in the public and social sectors, with particular focus on health and human services, developed through seven years consulting experience and over six years working in strategy, commercial and operations roles with a global healthcare provider.
Chloe has delivered projects across strategy, due diligence and merger integration, policy and program evaluation, new service design and implementation, data and analytics, and transformation. She is focused on partnering with clients to tackle challenging problems and deliver solutions that can be executed to achieve impact.
Her project experience includes:
- Strategy and planning: working with Executive and leadership teams to develop vision and strategic priorities, conduct annual planning and budgeting, develop and cascade program plans for execution.
- Policy and program evaluation: monitoring and evaluation of a range of state and federal initiatives across health, education, employment, social services and environment to assess implementation effectiveness and outcomes and advise on ongoing funding.
- New services and growth: scoping options, preparing the business case and implementation plan, engaging stakeholders and teams, and leading execution for development of new sites, services and technologies.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Chloe worked with the world's largest oncology and cardiology provider, GenesisCare, in a range of Executive and management roles. Prior to that she has worked as a management consultant with Kearney, Urbis and Nous Group.
Chloe holds degrees in Arts and Engineering (Chemical) from the University of Melbourne, with first class honours.
EMILY MILLANE (SENIOR SUPERANNUATION SPECIALIST)
Dr Emily Millane recently re-joined Right Lane’s superannuation practice. She has been a key contributor to our annual Forces at Work Report and has worked with a number of super fund boards and executives.
Most recently, Emily led the Your Future Your Super at ASIC, where she was Manager, Strategy and Government Relations. Before that, she worked at the Grattan Institute.
Emily is an expert in superannuation law and policy. She is a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne Law School, teaching Superannuation Law and Regulation. Emily’s PhD (ANU) examined the conditions for systemic policy reform using the case study of Australian superannuation.
Earlier in her career, Emily worked as a Research Fellow at the Crawford School's Tax and Transfer Policy Institute, as an adviser to Dr Jim Chalmers MP, and with leading think tanks Demos (UK) and Per Capita (Australia). She began her career in commercial law at Maddocks.
HELENA MCGEORGE (ENGAGEMENT MANAGER)
Helena McGeorge Helena McGeorge is as Engagement Manager in the Right Lane superannuation practice. Helena also has significant consulting experience, and a passion for, working with clients in the not-for-profit sector.
Helena leads project workstreams which often include significant analytical, and data-driven demands and enjoys working with clients delivering projects where there is a tangible outcome or impact on the end-user/customer.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Working alongside clients in the financial services and not-for-profit sectors to develop robust strategic plans informed by robust analysis and data-driven decision making.
- Organisational effectiveness: Helping senior teams better understand and resolve operational and structural challenges impacting performance.
- Strategy mobilisation: Assisting clients in the superannuation sector to implement key regulatory changes and execute strategic priorities.
- Growth: Planning and promoting product design for super funds, conducting detailed due diligence to maximise alignment to investment and growth strategies.
- Helena has previously worked at Deloitte in a managerial role, during which time she worked on engagements spanning strategy and business planning, product design and regulatory reform. Her role also encompassed mergers and acquisitions, and actuarial valuations.
Helena has a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies, majoring in Finance, from the University of NSW and recently achieved her Actuarial Fellowship awarded to her by the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
JESS COSSENS (ENGAGEMENT MANAGER)
Jess is an engagement manager with Right Lane Consulting, who works closely with client teams to deliver projects that engage participants, make the work fun, and deliver relevant and usable outcomes.
She is cognisant of the perspectives that different stakeholders bring to a project, and designs her interactions to get the most from these different groups. In her 5 years at Right Lane, Jess has delivered strategy, organisation and engagement projects across a range of sectors, including financial services, government agencies, not for profits, healthcare and education.
Jess’s recent engagements include:
- Strategy and planning: Working closely with clients to diagnose the internal and external factors impacting upon their organisations, and using this knowledge to inform the development of their strategic plans. Facilitating strategic planning workshops for social-impact organisations, helping to balance financial needs with social aspirations.
- Organisational effectiveness: Working with the executive team of a family business to develop a revised organisational structure based on their new strategy. Developing a fit-for-future performance management approach for a mutual insurer to help uplift management’s focus on results and better support staff with their development.
- Strategy mobilisation: Engaging with teams to help them understand the broader organisational strategy and how their contribution has impact; supporting team and individual performance plans in line with the needs of the business strategy.
- Gender equality: Supporting organisations across education, local government and emergency services to better understand the state of gender equality in their workplaces, identify strategies to improve their performance and build internal capability through collaborative learning and training.
- Stakeholder alignment: Planning and facilitating inclusive stakeholder engagement processes, ensuring all perspectives are expressed and fostering innovation in client organisations.
Jess represents that rare mix of analytical thinking and creative expression. With degrees in Mechanical Engineering (first class honours) and Arts (Drama and Theatre Studies) from Monash University, she appreciates bold visionary thinking supported by solid evidence.
JONATHAN (JONNO) OON (ENGAGEMENT MANAGER)
Jonathan is an engagement manager at Right Lane Consulting. He is an experienced management and strategy professional with over 6 years of experience, with a particular passion for innovation, research and education to foster a greener and more sustainable society and economy.
His project experience includes:
- Strategy: Developing strategic plans for Universities, private education providers, global not-for-profit organisations, and research and innovation entities in the higher education, circular economy, research and youth advocacy sectors.
- Innovation and planning workshops: Facilitating workshops for senior leaders of complex organisations, strategic partnerships or innovation entities to identify and design new ideas for their organisations or determine concrete actions and next steps in challenging, disruptive environments.
- Applied analytics: Partnering with teams of data-scientists to carry out complex analysis to develop novel insights and business solutions in parallel, such as the development of a predictive model to identify students who are more likely to encounter difficulties or drop out of university.
- Strategic operations and supply chain: Diagnosing and identifying opportunities for improvement in supply chains across the food sector.
- New solution design and delivery: Co-designing solutions with leaders and/or potential customers, pursuing funding and building delivery teams for new solutions with experience on new educational programs, pricing strategies and business functions and student support.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Jonathan was a consultant at global strategy consulting firm, Kearney. He also has significant experience working within a large, purpose-driven organisation at RMIT University, setting new directions and also implementing bold strategies through co-designing new solutions and brokering new strategic partnerships.
In addition, Jonathan simultaneously works to build and scale collaborative, purpose-driven organisations. He is a founding member of both Circular Economy WA and RMIT's Integrated Circular Economy and Climate Resilience Platform; two cutting-edge hubs for research, engagement and applied innovation focused on diffusing and implementing a Circular Economy.
Jonathan holds a Bachelor of Science and Commerce from the University of Western Australia, a Graduate-Certificate in Environment & Climate Emergency from Curtin University and was awarded the HEC Paris MBA Excellence Scholarship.
ASHLEE BOOTH (EXPERT)
Ashlee is an expert at Right Lane Consulting. Ashlee has broad cross-sector experience working across government, financial services, retail, mining, industrials, power and utilities. Ashlee is passionate about driving strategic growth outcomes for her clients, and garnering energy and strategic alignment across organisations. Ashlee has deep experience in delivering strategic projects, both in-house and as a strategy consultant.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Ashlee was based in New York, working as a senior manager in the Strategy and Corporate Development team of a US$2.1bn eCommerce/retail start-up, Warby Parker. Prior to that, Ashlee spent 4 years in the strategy team at EY.
Her recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Led the strategic planning process across multiple business units at an eCommerce/retail company including development of 3-year strategy, OKRs, operating plan, technology roadmap, headcount plan and budget.
- Growth strategy: Led the development of a new revenue growth strategy for an Australian electricity transmission company through current state assessment, market analysis, strategy development and financial modelling.
- Organisation design: Managed the strategic restructure of a global mining services company through future-state organisation design, cost modelling and executive engagement.
- Stakeholder alignment: Facilitated multiple global workshops to gain executive alignment of vision, target operating model, organisation structure and KPIs for a global financial services company.
Ashlee has a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
TOM DAVIDSON (EXPERT)
Tom is an expert at Right Lane Consulting.
He is a strategy professional with over 14 years' experience in developing and implementing growth led strategies, performance improvement initiatives and corporate development. His strengths include his strong commercial acumen, stakeholder engagement and strategic thinking skills gained from his experience working in strategy roles at PwC (including Strategy&), Bankwest, iiNet Limited and most recently as Head of Strategy & Digital at Elders Limited (an ASX200 Agribusiness).
Recent projects include:
- Facilitated successful and engaging strategic planning processes across corporate, not for profit and government organisations
- Delivered a strategic execution plan for a greenfield government owned infrastructure asset, including prioritsation, resourcing and key performance measures
- Led the development of an Australian market entry strategy for a NZSE listed software and telematics provider leveraging its competitive advantage in safety
- Led the development of a 3 year strategic growth strategy for an ASX listed SaaS business servicing the mining, waste water treatment and waste management industries globally, targeting $100m revenue growth in 5 years through organic and inorganic means
- Developed an innovation and renewable energy strategy for an ASX listed Oil and Gas producer considering emerging trends in renewable energy, including energy demand, behind the grid power solutions and future trends in power storage
- Delivered an operational efficiency program for a large private infrastructure business to target incremental savings across operations including initiative identification, execution planning and stakeholder management
- Undertook a strategic review of aged care software and system assets for a private equity owned aged care provider targeting improved efficiency, reduced cost and better patient and family outcomes
Tom holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) from Deakin University
MEGAN MCLEAN (EXPERT)
Megan has 25 years of experience in facilitation, communication and stakeholder engagement spanning both corporate and not for profit settings, and is a practical and pragmatic facilitator with a focus on useful outputs that create value.
Megan’s recent experience includes:
- Facilitation of online workshops in the last 6 months including: a series of 35 compliance workshops across 500 staff, an online awards night of 850 people across Australia and New Zealand, 20 sales coaching workshops across Australia and Mumbai for 100 people and a series of 12 product launch workshops across Australia and India and regular online executive coaching sessions.
- Stakeholder engagement and community consultation: Working with a state government agency to conduct a state-wide stakeholder consultation program to develop a uniform campaign tackling Victoria’s recycling challenge. Facilitating a series of workshops for a state government department as part of a wider inter-agency approach with an aim to improve the educational outcomes for vulnerable children.
- Strategy and planning workshop facilitation: Facilitating a planning workshop for the divisional management team of a global catering company to agree areas of focus, goals and initiatives in a period of change. Facilitating a planning workshop for the management group of a large Melbourne-based professional services firm to develop an action plan to increase employee engagement. Working with the project team of a large Victorian infrastructure project to agree 12-month priorities and develop detailed operational plan for that period.
- Team effectiveness and alignment: Working with a national sales team of an industry-leading manufacturer to distil customer service principles into daily behaviours guiding all customer interactions. Working closely with a team from a large metropolitan council to connect the roles of team members to their purpose, including the development of goals, key initiatives and corresponding measures that will drive team’s success.
Megan has been described as a straight shooter who gets things done. Having owned businesses, worked for large corporate entities and consulted across a variety of sectors she brings a number of different perspectives. She also thinks there should be a few laughs along the way!
Holding a Bachelor of Arts in literature and professional writing, and a postgraduate certificate in journalism, she was also a founding member of the Family Advisory Council at the Royal Children’s Hospital – staying involved for a further four years. Megan is a keen baker, pursuer of zero waste and runner of half marathons.
ANDRES POLLANO (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Andres is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He joined the firm in June 2019 and has particular strengths in quantitative analysis and problem-solving. He has demonstrated a strong ability to gather and analyse complex data to deliver practical insights.
Prior to joining Right Lane, he worked in private equity and in valuation advisory services.
Andres’ recent projects include:
- Helping a large non-profit superannuation fund to refine its direct-to-member growth strategy, including segmenting, sizing and prioritising the market.
- Helping a large non-profit financial services firm refresh its long-term strategy.
- Conducting financial analysis for a large network of pharmacies to understand the key drivers of profitability across the business and developing a plan to return underperforming pharmacies to profitability.
- Assisting a superannuation fund to review and redesign a detailed strategy and business planning process map.
- Framing and conducting analyses to assess different strategic growth options for small-to-medium-sized industry super funds.
Andres also plays an important role in Right Lane’s institutional investor practice. Since joining Right Lane, he has worked with eight superannuation funds and related service providers. and has contributed to the last two editions of Right Lane’s Industry Super Forces at Work report.
Andres holds a Bachelor of Financial Management from Tec de Monterrey, Mexico. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and completed exchanges at the University of Melbourne and at Monash University.
AARON RICHARDS (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Aaron is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
He has a background in research with strengths in conducting numerical and qualitative analyses and problem-solving. He also has experience communicating complicated ideas in digestible formats through previous work in tertiary education and the professional sports industry.
Since joining Right Lane over 3 years ago, Aaron has worked on over 40 projects across a variety of industries, including financial services, government, education, sport and not for profits.
Aaron has extensive experience working on strategy, planning, growth, organisation and culture projects. His recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Supporting an Australian university to co-develop a long-term strategy in a rapidly changing sector. Helping the Australian subsidiary of a global electronics manufacturer and distributor to develop a new strategy centred on taking a ‘circular economy’ approach to its business. Assisting a government asset manager to run an inclusive process to develop a new strategic plan.
- Strategy mobilisation: Working with a Victorian government agency to develop and cascade their strategic decisions through to all staff by developing workplans and establishing monitoring processes and software.
- Growth: Identifying and conducting detailed analysis on growth opportunities for one of Australia’s largest industry super funds. Conducting market assessments for an emergency medical solutions company to inform strategic decisions on where to compete.
- Organisational effectiveness and governance: Diagnosing governance challenges for a public health not-for-profit organisation and for an industry super fund and developing recommendations for future improvements. Conducting a strategic review of a national academic journal and presenting options for organisational structure, governance, and resourcing.
- Culture: Developing and piloting a well-being health check process for a national sporting body, involving an in-depth survey and outcomes reporting structure to measure wellbeing outcomes and support.
Aaron holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree with first-class honours from the University of Melbourne and honours in Economics with a focus on behavioural biases relating to attribution.
OMAR AL KASSAB (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Omar is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Omar has experience in solving strategic problems across multiple industries including financial services, telecommunications, education, consumer clients and public sector. He has experience in strategy, operating model design and digital transformation and is regarded for his solid analytical skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills in successful project delivery.
Outside his professional life, Omar is a notable public speaker and a youth, community and humanitarian leader passionate about social change. In 2017, Omar was a finalist for the Victorian Young Achiever Award (Leadership and community impact) and he also received the Global peace award from their majesties, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz of Saudi Arabia for his international humanitarian and community work.
Omar was previously a strategy analyst at Monitor Deloitte and holds a Bachelor of Business (majoring in finance and accounting) from RMIT University.
DHEERAJ JAYAKUMAR (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Dheeraj is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Dheeraj’s most recent role was as a strategy analyst at RMIT University, leading project workstreams and supporting stakeholder engagement efforts in strategic planning and organisational effectiveness projects.
Dheeraj's passion lies in effective problem solving and his diverse background in consulting, engineering and human-centred design have exposed him to numerous problem-solving approaches.
Dheeraj’s recent projects at Right Lane include:
- Assisted a large institutional investor to undertake a fee structure review to continue to offer a compelling value proposition for its clients while delivering on its objectives of simplification and sustainability
- Helping a leading asset consultant to run an inclusive board strategy day, with an emphasis on the organisation's employee value proposition and people strategy
- Supporting a large Australian airport articulate its core purpose and customer-focused vision by engaging the organisation, along with refreshing its 3-year strategic plan
Previously he worked in Accenture, liaising with cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of business solutions. Dheeraj also collaborated with a leading seaport in India and published a paper on productivity improvement in the International Journal of Business Innovation and Research in 2017.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Dheeraj’s most recent role was as a strategy analyst at RMIT University, leading project workstreams and supporting stakeholder engagement efforts in strategic planning and organisational effectiveness projects
Dheeraj holds a Master of Engineering Management from RMIT University and a Bachelor of Technology from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India.
JACOB MERCER (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Jacob is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Jacob is passionate about creating positive impact for the wider-community by optimising the effectiveness of its organisations and businesses. He has strengths in problem disaggregation and quantitative analysis, often combining the two in order to achieve clear, data-based insights.
Jacob has previously taught economics tutorials at the University of Melbourne, provided support to students with a disability as an Academic Support Worker, and worked as a strategy consultant at a Melbourne-based start-up. As an Academic Support Worker, Jacob was given the unique opportunity to learn how different fields approach problem-solving by attending weekly classes across all departments of the university, from first-year psychology to fifth-year law.
In his time at Right Lane. Jacob has worked on 20 projects across a variety of industries including:
- Superannuation: Identified the quantitative attributes that a super fund would need to best position itself as an efficient and competitive fund in the future. Re-designed the organisation structure of a super fund to effectively deliver the fund’s new strategy.
- Utilities: Developed a framework to prioritise initiatives and programs, driving the business to make informed trade-off decisions ahead of an upcoming Price Submission.
- Philanthropy: Developed a new strategy that maximises the effectiveness and scale of philanthropic giving for an environmental philanthropy organisation, followed by assisting with implementation planning.
- Start-ups: Worked with a solar energy start-up’s board and executive team to develop a 3-year strategic plan that clarifies their objective and scope choices.
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne with majors in Finance and Economics (First Class Honours, Dean’s List 2018).
SOPHIE NG (ASSOCIATE)
Sophie is an associate at Right Lane Consulting. She works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Sophie's recent projects include:
- Working with a financial services firm to step back and consider their longer-term aspiration and strategic direction as they refresh their strategy.
- Supporting a fund management organisation in their internal fee review and creation of a more sustainable, simplified fee structure.
- Contributing to Right Lane’s 2022 Industry Super Forces at Work report
Sophie has previously worked part-time as a data analyst at IFM Investors where she developed a strong foundation in debt investments and infrastructure projects. Alongside this, she was a consultant at Impetus Consulting Group.
Her areas of interest include education and poverty alleviation.
Sophie holds a Bachelor of Commerce with majors in Accounting and Finance (First Class Honours) from the University of Melbourne, which she completed as a Commerce Achievement Scholar.
CHRISTINA GRANT (ASSOCIATE)
Christina is an associate at Right Lane Consulting and is passionate about supporting clients in both the social and public sectors to realise their objectives and maximise their impact.
She works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by supporting project delivery and conducting in-depth research and analysis.
Her areas of interest and research are climate change policy, humanitarian causes and gender equality.
Christina’s recent projects include:
- Working in Right Lane’s Gender Equality practice, supporting local government organisations to better understand the state of gender equality in their workplaces, identify strategies to improve their performance and build internal capability through collaborative learning and training.
- Supporting a large software company to develop a robust strategic plan that clarifies their ambition and working alongside the senior team to identify improved internal processes and ways of working to support strategy delivery.
- Working with one of Australia’s largest industry superannuation funds to prepare for their annual Executive Team and Board strategy days.
- Working with the Australian arm of a large, global professional services firm to develop its diversity, equity and inclusion strategy including identifying the key priorities and initiatives for action and the measures to monitor progress towards embedding a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Christina has recently completed a Master of International Relations at Melbourne University and prior to that completed a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Political Science and International Relations at the University of Western Australia, where she was also a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. Her areas of interest and research are in immigration, climate change, refugees and both human rights and women’s rights. Christina has recently undertaken a climate change internship within the Office of the President of Namibia and prior to that, a qualitative research internship with the Centre for Muslim States and Societies.
ALLISON MA (ASSOCIATE)
Allison is an associate at Right Lane Consulting and has a business analyst background with a finance/IT focus and a keen interest in technology and data analysis.
Recently Allison worked as a Procurement analyst at Fiat Chrysler building on her earlier analyst career where she worked as a Metal futures analyst tracking macroeconomic factors and evaluated metal futures. She also held roles in Process engineering at Sealed Air Australia and worked as an analyst at the Department of Education and Training.
Allison holds a Master of Engineering in Information Systems from the University of Melbourne where she was awarded the Graduate IT scholarship by Queens College. Allison also holds a Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Finance from Zhejiang University in China, where she received two awards, the National Scholarship and the Government Leadership Award.
DOMINIK JAMRISKA (ASSOCIATE)
Dominik is an associate at Right Lane Consulting and enjoys applying a wider lens view to problem solving by understanding macro economics and the forces at work behind business decisions.
Dominik gradated at the end of 2021 with a Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences/Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Economics from Monash University.
While completing his studies, Dominik worked at Monash University as a Monash Connect Officer and for the Regional Education Support Network, supporting and tutoring students in economics and biology.
JO BRADLEY (HEAD OF FINANCE, GOVERNANCE & ENABLEMENT)
Jo is the head of finance, governance and enablement at Right Lane Consulting, respected by her colleagues for her action-oriented approach, attention to detail and ability to ‘zoom in and out’ on organisational issues.
Jo is responsible for managing our administration function, with a focus on firm governance, internal reporting and consulting enablement. Jo has also project managed a number of client engagements in our low and pro bono program, including two philanthropic summits focusing on alleviating place-based disadvantage and several board strategy workshops for not for profit organisations.
Prior to joining Right Lane seven years ago, Jo was a general manager in the solar energy sector and held management roles in the apparel industry. She holds a Bachelor of Environmental Science from Murdoch University and a Graduate Diploma of Corporate Environmental Management from Monash University, both with distinction.
LAUREN SPITERI (HEAD OF NEW CLIENT DEVELOPMENT & DIGITAL ASSETS)
Lauren leads our digital marketing and new client development functions.
Lauren matches consulting teams with client projects, considering clients’ needs and project requirements, team balance, and consultants’ development needs. She works closely with our associates, project managers, and analysts, coaching them on engagement management, in order that we can continue to deliver to the highest professional standards.
Lauren also leads our design and data visualisation team whose remit is to create workshop materials, presentations and reports of exceptional quality.
Her ability to think through projects from start to finish helps to ensure that Right Lane projects run smoothly and that no stone is left unturned.
Lauren holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Business from La Trobe and Victoria universities respectively.
JACKIE LAWS (QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit ― ARISTOTLE.
Jackie and Aristotle have 2 things in common. First, a commitment to excellence. Second, the desire to be judged by what they do, not what they say.
Jackie has been with Right Lane Consulting in varying roles for the past 9 years. In her current role, Jackie is responsible for embedding Right Lane’s quality assurance standards in all engagements across the firm reflecting our firm's commitment to top quality consulting outcomes, and service quality. Right Lane enjoys a ‘world class’ net promoter score, currently in the mid 70s. Jackie’s role is to keep it there, and in doing so creating long-term trusted partnerships with our clients.
Jackie holds a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Geography and Psychology) and a Bachelor of Architecture (with honours) from the University of Melbourne.
STELLA MEDYGRAL (CONSULTING ENABLEMENT SPECIALIST)
Stella is the consulting enablement specialist at Right Lane Consulting, and is a respected team member with a proactive approach who is eager to learn and help others.
Stella supports the consulting team with internal and client-facing technology; engagement reporting; human resources coordination; and other support our consulting team needs to do their work.
She is enthusiastic about new systems and processes that will make our firm run more efficiently. She brings a strong background in office administration and management, with a previous role as Office manager in the accounting industry.
Stella holds a Diploma in Human Resources and is currently completing an undergraduate degree with a double major in Business and Human Resource Management at Griffith University.
‘At Right Lane I have been given the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of intelligent and enthusiastic people.’
PIP MACDONALD (PEOPLE AND CULTURE LEAD)
Pip is the people and culture lead at Right Lane.
Pip’s most recent role was at IBM where she was Talent Acquisition Partner, and prior to that she held graduate program management and talent partner roles at both KPMG and Monash Talent.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts, Hons. Sociology from La Trobe University, a Diploma Business from Swinburne University and a Graduate Diploma in Career Development and Education from RMIT.
EUAN BRUCE (PRESENTATION DESIGN COORDINATOR)
Euan is a presentation design coordinator at Right Lane Consulting. With extensive design and technology skills, he has an innate ability to create innovative and impactful designs, illustrations and animations for our projects.
Loving a challenge, he also relishes the opportunity to think through potentially out-dated and time consuming processes, and design innovative and intuitive alternatives to ultimately reduce overhead costs and time.
Euan holds a Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) (With Distinction) from RMIT University.
RACHEL SHARROCK (PROJECT ASSISTANT)
Rachel Sharrock is a project assistant supporting the consulting team to deliver high-quality projects on time and on budget.
Rachel has a particular interest and passion supporting projects in the not-for-profit sector with recent roles at Relationships Australia Victoria as a Project administrator driving program engagement and administering training for the charity Jesuit Social Services in both a coordinator role and later a business support role processing applications, supporting CEO’s and boards with their fundraising and political campaigns.
Rachel has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Melbourne University and a Graduate Diploma in Tourism from James Cook University.
MARK RYAN (PROJECT ASSISTANT)
Mark Ryan is a project assistant supporting the consulting team to deliver high-quality projects on time and on budget.
Mark has a background in communication with particular experience in content creation, design and online publishing. Previously, Mark worked as a Patient Information Officer for Oxford University Hospital Trust, managing information processes, reporting and data presentations.
He is a writer and administrator with a Master of Arts from the London Metropolitan University and is in the process of studying a Diploma in Screen and Media from the Australian City Design College in Melbourne.