Our expert team of consultants are passionate about what they do.
Chiara Lawry (Chief Executive Officer)
Chiara is the Chief Executive Officer at Right Lane Consulting. Chiara has deep experience in the public and social sectors where she has extensive experience as a strategy consultant and policy adviser.
Beyond the public sector, Chiara also has consulting experience across a broad range of industries including financial services, the community sector and the retail industry. She has experience in strategy, digital transformation and business development and is passionate about supporting her clients to solve their toughest problems.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Working alongside the CEO and executive team of a national education organisation to reset their vision and strategy.
- Organisation design: Working for the executive team of a government social services agency to redesign their operating model to increase program integration and improve client outcomes.
- Growth: Supporting the CEO and executive team of a national advocacy organisation to scale their influence in response to increased government funding.
- Stakeholder alignment: Designing and leading a co-design process to bring together government community leaders and end-users to design a new initiative to support economic development in regional Victoria.
- Digital transformation: Leading the customer journey mapping for a financial services client.
Chiara has a deep passion for social impact and has worked with a number of local and international NFP organisations. She was a founding volunteer and board member at the Oaktree Foundation. She has worked with indigenous organisations in the Cape York Peninsula and the Tiwi Islands. She has served as a board member and deputy chair of Environmental Justice Australia.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Chiara worked at the Boston Consulting Group where she was a core member of the public sector practice. Chiara was a policy adviser at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet in Canberra where she worked under the Rudd and Gillard Governments on health reform and international policy.
Chiara has a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Australian National University and a Masters of Public Administration from Columbia University.
Marc Levy (Founder & Chair)
Marc is the founder and chair of Right Lane Consulting. He has played leading roles in strategic and business planning processes for nearly 100 organisations, worked with more than 80 CEOs and facilitated around 600 management and board workshops. To our knowledge, there is no more experienced leader of strategy and planning processes in the country, and Marc is one of a handful of top team strategy facilitators globally with more than 10,000 hours of experience in this discipline.
Marc’s engagements have included:
- Strategy and planning: Running a third consecutive strategic planning process for one of Australia’s largest super funds. Co-creating integrated strategy, planning, resource allocation and budgeting processes for a UN initiative. Leading processes to cascade corporate strategies, initiatives and metrics through to business and divisional plans and individuals’ performance development plans for industry associations, healthcare clients and super funds.
- Vision and purpose: Assisting clients in professional services, financial services, consumer and industrial products, and the social sector to create galvanising company statements that provide context for strategic decision making and act as a rallying point for employees.
- Growth: Leading projects centred on growth options evaluation, pricing, merger candidate qualification, new product and market feasibility, and brand strategy.
- Organisation: Working with clients on organisation design, decision making, meeting effectiveness, service provider alignment and resource allocation optimisation. He also helps clients to align their organisation structures and operating rhythms to their strategies.
- Stakeholder engagement: Moderating highly inclusive stakeholder engagement processes in the local government, aged care and superannuation sectors.
Marc has completed transformational work across several industries, including having made contributions to reviving a major global sport in Australia and saving a 150-year old Victorian institution. Marc has worked as a strategic advisor to several award-winning, not for profit super funds and their peak bodies.
Marc holds business degrees from Monash University and the Melbourne Business School and a PhD from the University of Melbourne on a topic relating to economic and social participation policy.
Zoe Pappas (Principal)
Zoe is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has been with the firm for 13 years. In the past three years, Zoe has worked on nearly 130 consulting projects and facilitated over 200 workshops, primarily with executive teams and boards.
Zoe has developed a reputation for clear thinking and communication, including the ability to reframe complex problems making them easier to understand and solve. Her projects consistently achieve high client satisfaction and advocacy ratings, in part because she stays close to clients and their wants and needs. Zoe prides herself on never missing a client signal and always being on top of how directors and executives are thinking about her projects.
Zoe has extensive experience in leading strategy, planning, growth and organisation projects in the financial services, retail, healthcare and government sectors. Her recent projects have involved:
- Strategy and planning: Facilitating strategic thinking and strategic planning workshops with a multitude of for profit, not for profit and government organisations. Facilitating steering committees (including a diverse range of stakeholders and views) as they oversaw a critical organisation change. Developing a strategy and organisation design for a disruptive specialty retailer with a promising growth trajectory.
- Vision and purpose: Working with several organisations in the financial services and travel and leisure sectors to help board and executive teams rethink their vision and purpose statements to help guide strategic decision making.
- Growth strategy: Facilitating staff and board workshops with one of Australia’s largest industry super funds. Working with a large client team to transform a financial services organisation’s approach to growth strategy, from executing priority growth options to supporting a subcommittee of senior directors to advance the merger agenda.
- Organisation: Leading organisation redesign projects for wealth management, superannuation and telecommunications industry clients. Helping clients to design and operationalise integrated performance management systems, from corporate balanced scorecards to individual KPI frameworks. Working with marketing, business development and operations teams to improve the effectiveness of their structures, processes, resource allocation and performance management.
Before joining Right Lane, Zoe had 15 years of experience in operational and management roles. She was previously a business manager, financial controller and management accountant in the publishing, entertainment, communications and IT security industries. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Melbourne Business School.
Gemma Pinnell (Principal)
Gemma is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has worked in senior positions in superannuation and the labour movement for over two decades.
Gemma has delivered projects across strategy, policy and program evaluation, new service design and implementation, data and analytics, and transformation. She is focused on partnering with clients to tackle challenging problems and deliver solutions that can be executed to achieve impact.
Her project experience includes:
- Strategy and planning: Working alongside an Executive Director of Australia biggest public transport project – to bring their team together, to connect, and align on the key priorities for the team for the next 12-18 months. This included agreeing measures of success and ways of working to deliver their program of work effectively.
- Strategy development: Working with the CEO and board of a community affordable housing organisation in Sydney's west to agree their overall strategic direction and aspiration and consider key strategic questions to set them up for future success and to assess their investment pipeline and growth strategy.
- Developing an advocacy narrative: Working with the head of External Affairs of a peak body in the energy industry, Gemma worked collaboratively with the team to develop a set of 'mega themes' to better define their work priorities and align their work to the broader organisational goals.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Gemma was Director, Strategic Engagement at Industry Super Australia where she was responsible for strengthening relationships between ISA and key stakeholders. Gemma has built her successful career as a skilled leader bringing complex stakeholders together, solving complex problems and leading and driving outcomes.
Gemma was also previously a trustee director of AustralianSuper, a director of Industry Fund Services and a member of the senior team at the ACTU. She worked in senior roles in the trade union movement for twenty years, including leading organisational reviews for the ACTU. She is a skilled facilitator and enjoys working with boards and teams across a variety of sectors, with her passion being in housing, gender and sustainability.
Michael Livingstone (Principal)
Michael is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. He has 14 years expertise in the public and social sectors, with extensive experience working with senior leaders to deliver complex policy and institutional reforms.
Michael has worked across a range of fields including social services, criminal justice, transport, and economic development. His areas of expertise include governance, organizational strategy and reform, service design, research and evaluation, and stakeholder engagement.
His experience includes:
- Governance: Working with a Victorian government Minister and key stakeholders to deliver a major restructure and governance reforms at the regional public transport operator.
- Organisational strategy and reform: supporting the development and delivery of a 10 year reform plan for Victoria’s youth justice system.
- Service design: the design and piloting of family violence prevention initiatives focused on engaging boys and men.
- Research and evaluation: co-authoring research reports into youth justice issues and an Australian first survey of young men’s behaviours and attitudes.
- Stakeholder engagement: developing and delivering stakeholder engagement plans to complement organisational reforms in the transport sector.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Michael was Chief of Staff to a Victorian Government Minister and also a Senior Adviser to the Victorian Premier. He has also worked in policy, program management, and leadership roles in the community sector at Jesuit Social Services. He is passionate about solving challenging policy problems, building effective institutions, and making a measurable and sustainable difference to the community. Michael has a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Australian National University.
Debbie Williams (Senior Expert)
Debbie is a senior expert at Right Lane Consulting with 22 years of consulting experience across a range of industries including government, community services, education, health care and financial services.
Debbie is respected by her colleagues and clients for her ability to quickly synthesise complex information, assess the potential of opportunities and ask probing questions.
She is an expert in governance, strategy development and implementation, and performance improvement. She has contributed significantly to Right Lane’s knowledge and methods in the areas of assessing board capabilities and effectiveness, growth strategy and merger option evaluation.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Developing the Council plan and Business plan for one of Victoria's largest metropolitan councils. Conducting strategic planning processes – including the facilitation of executive team workshops – for several clients.
- Organisation design: Working with the Executive team of a social services organisation; designed a new organisation structure and accountability framework to align the organisation to its new strategic priorities.
- Governance: Working with directors of a professional services company to diagnose governance challenges in the partnership structure and collaborate to establish the framework of an improved leadership structure.
- Growth: Helping the board of a major institutional investor agree on a growth strategy and build a new management structure, working from strategy, through capabilities, to PDs and KPIs.
- Merger assessment: Developing a merger assessment tool for a homecare health services provider to guide the Board’s decision making on potential partners.
In addition to her consulting work, Debbie is an experienced non-executive director. She is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company and from 2009-18 was a non-executive director of Monash Health the largest health service in Victoria with a budget of over $1.8 billion.
Before Right Lane, Debbie was an engagement manager at Booz & Co. She has a MBA (with distinction) from one of the world’s leading programs at INSEAD, a masters of operations research from Auckland University and a bachelor of commerce from Canterbury University.
Matt Hardy (Senior Expert)
Matt has spent more than a dozen years in consulting, including five years at McKinsey & Company and seven years with Right Lane Consulting, leading high-performing teams in strategy, organisational and operational problem-solving studies.
Matt’s recent projects have included:
- Reviewing operating models for super funds, fintech companies, a major energy company, mining companies, FMCGs, supermarket retailers.
- Reviewing strategy and operating model for the digital R&D agenda of an ASX100 company.
- Reviewing operating rhythms for the investment department of a leading super fund.
- Reviewing an organisation’s values, with respect to connection to strategy and performance culture, for a leading corporate client.
- Facilitating a series of strategy reviews for the Australian office of a global FMCG company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a leading logistics company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a diversified industrial holding company.
- Supporting a super fund in developing an integrated growth strategy.
Matt previously worked for seven years in management roles in the finance function of wholesale bank Abbey Financial Markets in London and the United States. His industry experience spans financial services, mining, retail, consumer goods, transport, energy, oil and gas, telco, government and not for profits.
Matt holds an MBA from the Melbourne Business School (Dean’s List) and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
Amanda Nolan (Senior Expert)
Amanda is a Senior expert at Right Lane Consulting with deep experience as an executive leader and advisor to enterprises in the healthcare, human services, life sciences, government, retail, and finance industries, across Australia, the United States and Europe.
With a career spanning more than 20 years, Amanda’s expertise includes the development and implementation of strategy and planning, business and operating models, organisational design and transformation, communications and engagement, risk management, and governance. She has successfully consulted to a range of organisations, from small not for profit to large corporate entities, public service organisations, and government departments. Amanda held an executive role at Monash Health – the largest public health provider in Victoria and one of the largest in Australia, with services covering the lifespan and spanning health, disability and aging with a large community footprint of over 40 sites.
Her projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Developing the organisational strategy, business plan, performance framework, and implementation plan for a large health service with 19,000 employees and $2bn budget, including facilitation of executive team and board workshops, and stakeholder engagement with thousands of employees, patients, and community organisations and individuals.
- Growth: Helping the CEO and board of a new charity to agree on a clear purpose, priorities, growth strategy, implementation plan and resource allocation.
- Organisation design, governance and culture: Working with the chief executive and executive team of a large public service organisation
to diagnose, design and implement a new organisation structure, accountability framework, and governance processes. Working with the chief executive and executive of a large multi-national (American and European) pharmaceutical company to review and restructure functions to maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
- Merger assessment: Assessing and guiding the decision on the merger between 2 large national healthcare organisations in the United States.
- Transformation and technology: Leading the change and transformation portfolio in preparation for the largest scale implementation of an electronic medical record in an Australian public health system.
- Leadership: Designing a CEO development program to be delivered by the Australia-New Zealand division of a large global corporate entity, including extensive consultation with C-level executives in private and public health and human services.
Amanda holds a Master of Health Systems Administration with Honours from Georgetown University in the United States, and a Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours from the University of Melbourne.
Steven Tan (Associate Principal)
Steven Tan is an associate principal with over ten years of consulting and industry experience across strategy, operations and advanced analytics. He enjoys working with business executives and collaborating across multidisciplinary teams to understand key challenges and identify opportunities to realise tangible improvements based on strategic insights across various industry sectors including financial services, education, medical devices, manufacturing and not-for-profits.
Steven’s focus areas include strategy development and reviews, operating model, organisation design, ways of working, operational excellence and performance improvement with a passion for enabling clients to realise data-driven outcomes.
His project experience includes:
- Strategy development for the potential merger of two leading superannuation funds to form one of the largest in Australia, including supporting the development of a high level target operating model and benefits case
- High level review and recommendations for strategic planning and prioritisation processes of a major Australian general insurer
- Turnaround strategy and exit options assessment for a large Australian education and training provider
- Review, redesign and deployment of new ways of working to uplift operational performance at scale for an Australian Big-4 bank across nationwide teams, transforming the way leaders manage performance and unlocking value in line with strategic objectives
- Enterprise-wide efficiency diagnostic for a leading global diversified financial services company, identifying benefits across operating model, organisation design, third party spend, operational excellence and productivity
Prior to joining Right Lane, Steven worked as a management consultant with EY/EY-Parthenon focused on business transformation across strategy, operations and advanced analytics. Prior to that his experience includes working with a global medical devices and healthcare leader focused on cardiovascular products.
Steven has a Masters Degree in Manufacturing from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, an Executive MBA from Quantic School of Business and Technology (honors), and a Bachelors Degree in Mechatronics, Robotics and Automation Engineering with first class honors from Monash University.
Matthew Torney (Associate Principal)
Matthew joins Right Lane Consulting as Associate Principal bringing 18 years of experience in strategy, executive management, social infrastructure, engagement and service design. He is a purpose-driven leader and strategy executive and enjoys solving complex social and strategic problems.
Matthew has a particular interest in the community housing sector and contributing to Right Lane’s growing housing practice following his experience on projects targeting improvement of social outcomes in vulnerable communities.
His relevant project experience include:
- Engaging community groups and providing policy advice for a state government authority to inform the development of a statewide road safety strategy.
- Re-imagining the project journey for clients to improve their quality and impact of work. This includes providing research and insights to reshape how the Australian Public Service Commission engages with its audiences.
- Successfully establishing a new business unit to engage with businesses, initially on COVIDSafe practices across metropolitan Melbourne and subsequently on business support and wellbeing across all of Victoria.
- Directing a state-wide policy project to review the management of Crown lands. As part of the project, Matthew developed a framework and operating model to embed community-led and place-based mechanisms to inform decision-making regarding community assets on Crown land.
- Leading the development of new and better ways of working and transforming the culture of Urban Communities, an innovative community housing provider that focused on placemaking to improve social outcomes in vulnerable communities.
Matthew is committed to supporting Right Lane Consulting’s clients on topics that are central to Australia’s biggest social and economic problems.
Jess Cossens (Engagement Manager)
Jess is an engagement manager with Right Lane Consulting, who works closely with client teams to deliver projects that engage participants, make the work fun, and deliver relevant and usable outcomes.
She is cognisant of the perspectives that different stakeholders bring to a project, and designs her interactions to get the most from these different groups. In her 5 years at Right Lane, Jess has delivered strategy, organisation and engagement projects across a range of sectors, including financial services, government agencies, not for profits, healthcare and education.
Jess’s recent engagements include:
- Strategy and planning: Working closely with clients to diagnose the internal and external factors impacting upon their organisations, and using this knowledge to inform the development of their strategic plans. Facilitating strategic planning workshops for social-impact organisations, helping to balance financial needs with social aspirations.
- Organisational effectiveness: Working with the executive team of a family business to develop a revised organisational structure based on their new strategy. Developing a fit-for-future performance management approach for a mutual insurer to help uplift management’s focus on results and better support staff with their development.
- Strategy mobilisation: Engaging with teams to help them understand the broader organisational strategy and how their contribution has impact; supporting team and individual performance plans in line with the needs of the business strategy.
- Gender equality: Supporting organisations across education, local government and emergency services to better understand the state of gender equality in their workplaces, identify strategies to improve their performance and build internal capability through collaborative learning and training.
- Stakeholder alignment: Planning and facilitating inclusive stakeholder engagement processes, ensuring all perspectives are expressed and fostering innovation in client organisations.
Jess represents that rare mix of analytical thinking and creative expression. With degrees in Mechanical Engineering (first class honours) and Arts (Drama and Theatre Studies) from Monash University, she appreciates bold visionary thinking supported by solid evidence.
Helena McGeorge (Engagement Manager)
Helena McGeorge is an engagement manager at Right Lane Consulting. Helena has significant experience in superannuation and financial services sectors and serves clients across a range of other sectors, including education and professional services.
Helena leads project workstreams, which often includes structuring problems, research and analysis, development of insights and project documentation. She enjoys working with clients on projects where there is a tangible outcome or impact on the end user/customer.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Preparing for and facilitating the board strategy day for a place-based not-for-profit to align on strategic priorities and develop plans for execution.
- Organisational effectiveness: Helping senior teams better understand and resolve operational and structural challenges limiting performance.
- Strategy mobilisation: Assisting clients in the superannuation and other sectors to scope and implement strategic priorities.
- M&A: Assessing and integrating the product portfolios of merging super funds, as well as detailed due diligence.
Helena previously worked as a manager at Deloitte, during which time she worked on engagements spanning strategy and business planning, product design and regulatory reform. Her role also encompassed mergers and acquisitions, and actuarial valuations.
Helena has a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies, majoring in Finance, from the University of NSW. She has also successfully achieved her Actuarial Fellowship, awarded by the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
Aaron Richards (Engagement Manager)
Aaron is an engagement manager at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
He has a background in research with strengths in conducting numerical and qualitative analyses and problem-solving. He also has experience communicating complicated ideas in digestible formats through previous work in tertiary education and the professional sports industry.
Since joining Right Lane nearly 4 years ago, Aaron has worked on over 40 projects across a variety of industries, including financial services, government, education, sport and not for profits.
Aaron has extensive experience working on strategy, planning, growth, organisation and culture projects. His recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Supporting an Australian university to co-develop a long-term strategy in a rapidly changing sector. Helping the Australian subsidiary of a global electronics manufacturer and distributor to develop a new strategy centred on taking a ‘circular economy’ approach to its business. Assisting a government asset manager to run an inclusive process to develop a new strategic plan.
- Strategy mobilisation: Working with a Victorian government agency to develop and cascade their strategic decisions through to all staff by developing workplans and establishing monitoring processes and software.
- Growth: Identifying and conducting detailed analysis on growth opportunities for one of Australia’s largest industry super funds. Conducting market assessments for an emergency medical solutions company to inform strategic decisions on where to compete.
- Organisational effectiveness and governance: Diagnosing governance challenges for a public health not-for-profit organisation and for an industry super fund and developing recommendations for future improvements. Conducting a strategic review of a national academic journal and presenting options for organisational structure, governance, and resourcing.
- Culture: Developing and piloting a well-being health check process for a national sporting body, involving an in-depth survey and outcomes reporting structure to measure wellbeing outcomes and support.
Aaron holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree with first-class honours from the University of Melbourne and honours in Economics with a focus on behavioural biases relating to attribution.
Radhika Chelliah (Engagement Manager)
Radhika joins Right Lane as an Engagement Manager. She has significant experience in transformation projects and has served clients across a range of sectors, including financial services, utilities, education, aged care and media. With external and in-house consulting experience, she brings a human-centric focus for sustained outcomes.
Radhika's focus areas include organisational effectiveness, operating model, workforce transformation, organisation design, change management and business case development across Asia, UK and EMEA. Her experience includes:
- Operating model: Redesigned the target operating model for project delivery in a professional services firm, through job redesign and process improvement with a user-centric focus; increasing effectiveness of client servicing teams and increasing employability of back-office staff
- Organisational effectiveness: Conducted a global strategic review for organisational effectiveness and cost efficiency of finance teams. Built a business case for potential areas of improvement including team structure, talent fit assessment, system improvement, process improvement, and centralization of activities
- Strategy mobilisation: Worked with different lines of services to cascade strategic decisions through to all staff; providing forums for staff to present their perspective and co-design the implementation plan
- Change Management: Designed and delivered end-to-end change management for a multi-country shared service centre and ERP implementation, leading stakeholder alignment, communication, training and staff engagement
Radhika has a deep passion for creating change agents and is the Founder of Impact Catalyst which delivers experiential learning projects for undergraduate students, anchored on the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Her recent projects have been commended by the Financial Times and Harvard Business Publishing.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Radhika was with PwC and EY. Radhika holds a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management and Organisational Analysis from King's College London, CIPD Level 7, PROSCI certified change practitioner and a Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting) from Monash University.
Ashlee Booth (Expert)
Ashlee is an expert at Right Lane Consulting. Ashlee has broad cross-sector experience working across government, financial services, retail, mining, industrials, power and utilities. Ashlee is passionate about driving strategic growth outcomes for her clients, and garnering energy and strategic alignment across organisations. Ashlee has deep experience in delivering strategic projects, both in-house and as a strategy consultant.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Ashlee was based in New York, working as a senior manager in the Strategy and Corporate Development team of a US$2.1bn eCommerce/retail start-up, Warby Parker. Prior to that, Ashlee spent 4 years in the strategy team at EY.
Her recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Led the strategic planning process across multiple business units at an eCommerce/retail company including development of 3-year strategy, OKRs, operating plan, technology roadmap, headcount plan and budget.
- Growth strategy: Led the development of a new revenue growth strategy for an Australian electricity transmission company through current state assessment, market analysis, strategy development and financial modelling.
- Organisation design: Managed the strategic restructure of a global mining services company through future-state organisation design, cost modelling and executive engagement.
- Stakeholder alignment: Facilitated multiple global workshops to gain executive alignment of vision, target operating model, organisation structure and KPIs for a global financial services company.
Ashlee has a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
Jill Brightling (Expert)
Jill is a consultant with Right Lane Consulting. She has expertise in the public and social sectors, with particular focus on foreign and economic policy, developed through over ten years of government experience and commercial consulting.
Jill has delivered projects across strategy, organisational design, transformation and business case development. She is focused on providing high quality advice to clients and supporting clients’ strategic change through innovation, effective communication and stakeholder engagement.
Jill holds a bachelor’s degree in Arts (Australian National University) and Masters in Law (Monash University) and a MBA (IE Business School (Madrid).
Declan Davis (Expert)
Declan is an expert with Right Lane Consulting. He has extensive experience working with executive teams, primarily within the financial services and technology industries on strategy and M&A topics.
Declan’s financial services experience includes consumer and business banking, neo/digital-only banking, insurance, wealth management, and institutional investors. Declan has also conducted commercial due diligence on >15 assets, with transaction sizes ranging from $100m-$3bn.
Prior to working with Right Lane, Declan was a consultant at Bain & Company. Declan holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics from the University of Oxford and a Master of Arts from Peking University.
Dr. Arjuna Dibley (Expert)
Dr. Arjuna ('Arj') Dibley is the Head of the Sustainable Finance Hub at Melbourne Climate Futures, University of Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Research Associate at the University of Oxford’s Smith-School for Enterprise and Environment.
Arj is an expert in environmental law and economics and his work has been published in leading academic economics, policy and law journals and he has been a lead author on global climate change finance and policy reports. Prior to his university role, Arj worked as a corporate lawyer, strategy adviser and policy analyst at leading sustainable finance organisations in Australia, Asia and the US.
He is a Board Member and Company Secretary of Environmental Justice Australia, a Board Member of CarbonPlan and a Fellow at the Centre for Policy Development. Arj has a doctorate in climate change law and economics from Stanford University which he earned as a General Sir John Monash Scholar, and undergraduate degrees in law and Asian studies from the Australian National University.
Stefan Fothe (Expert)
Stefan Fothe is part of Right Lane’s professional network. He is Director at Ownity and former Head of Learning and Development at BCG in Australia.
He has a PhD in adult learning and 12+ years of experience working on the intersection of capability, leadership and organisational development.
Stefan has been working across sectors in Australia and overseas. He is certified as an Executive coach as well as a team coach.
Shmuley Goldberg (Expert)
Shmuley is an expert at Right Lane Consulting. He has 15 years of experience across financial wellbeing, health and human services and other for-purpose sectors in leadership and consulting positions in Australia and globally.
Shmuley’s advisory and leadership experience includes:
- Strategy development and alignment: lead strategy development, alignment and implementation, as well as major strategic initiative at leading organisations including at Australia’s largest profit-to-members superannuation fund.
- Economic modelling: Lead economic modelling for a large public health entity formulating a fair and viable economic and financial model in collaboration with JV care delivery partners. Modelling encompassed all care delivery settings and care phases.
- Business case development (Government and commercial): Engaged to provide commercial oversight of ICT business cases, including strategy, benefits management and ROI analysis. Lead business case development on a range of programs in government advisory and commercial settings.
- Data and insight: Lead design and implementation of data-strategy, performance dashboards, insights and advanced analytics.
- Clinical service delivery model design: lead design of pilot Accountable Care Organisation (ACO), an innovative population health care delivery model championed by the US federal government to offer quality and equitable health outcomes in appropriate care delivery settings.
- Health quality and patient safety: Lead the analysis and program delivery of various quality and patient safety initiatives including hospital stay and discharge optimization that resulted in length of stay reduction
Previously, Shmuley was Senior Manager Strategy and Transformation at AustralianSuper. Prior to that he held various consulting roles and was Director of Corporate Development at the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) where he led development of financial modeling enabling proposed care delivery plans across Parkville hospital partners.
Shmuley led numerous turnarounds and operational excellence initiatives at leading organisations.
Ellen Hooper (Expert)
Ellen Hooper is part of Right Lane’s professional network. She is an expert in people and culture and has a range of experience leading HR teams and functions.
Throughout her career, Ellen has advised both individuals and businesses in the state and federal public sector, education industry, not-for-profit environment and advising major multinationals and ASX listed companies as an employment lawyer and HR practitioner. An accredited executive coach through the International Coaching Federation, Ellen is an accredited mediator through Resolution Institute, certified in training and assessment with Inspire Education and a member of the Australian Human Resources Institute.
Megan Mclean (Expert)
Megan has 25 years of experience in facilitation, communication and stakeholder engagement spanning both corporate and not for profit settings, and is a practical and pragmatic facilitator with a focus on useful outputs that create value.
Megan’s recent experience includes:
- Facilitation of online workshops in the last 6 months including: a series of 35 compliance workshops across 500 staff, an online awards night of 850 people across Australia and New Zealand, 20 sales coaching workshops across Australia and Mumbai for 100 people and a series of 12 product launch workshops across Australia and India and regular online executive coaching sessions.
- Stakeholder engagement and community consultation: Working with a state government agency to conduct a state-wide stakeholder consultation program to develop a uniform campaign tackling Victoria’s recycling challenge. Facilitating a series of workshops for a state government department as part of a wider inter-agency approach with an aim to improve the educational outcomes for vulnerable children.
- Strategy and planning workshop facilitation: Facilitating a planning workshop for the divisional management team of a global catering company to agree areas of focus, goals and initiatives in a period of change. Facilitating a planning workshop for the management group of a large Melbourne-based professional services firm to develop an action plan to increase employee engagement. Working with the project team of a large Victorian infrastructure project to agree 12-month priorities and develop detailed operational plan for that period.
- Team effectiveness and alignment: Working with a national sales team of an industry-leading manufacturer to distil customer service principles into daily behaviours guiding all customer interactions. Working closely with a team from a large metropolitan council to connect the roles of team members to their purpose, including the development of goals, key initiatives and corresponding measures that will drive team’s success.
Megan has been described as a straight shooter who gets things done. Having owned businesses, worked for large corporate entities and consulted across a variety of sectors she brings a number of different perspectives. She also thinks there should be a few laughs along the way!
Holding a Bachelor of Arts in literature and professional writing, and a postgraduate certificate in journalism, she was also a founding member of the Family Advisory Council at the Royal Children’s Hospital – staying involved for a further four years. Megan is a keen baker, pursuer of zero waste and runner of half marathons.
Georgie Swan (Expert)
Georgie is a passionate not for profit leader with a relentless optimism for young people - their agency, their choice, their voice and their knowledge. Much of her career has been working with young people and educators in various capacities from education, to entrepreneurship.
Georgie has worked across not for profit, government, corporate and technology start-ups, predominantly in education and holds the last 15 years of experience as the benchmark for continued learning and leading for growth and change. she is experienced in all aspects of strategy development and planning, consultation and design, from initial conception, through rollout and implementation to review and evaluation. She has extensive experience in facilitation, working with stakeholders across sectors towards growth and outcomes.
Georgie's recent projects include:
- Leading the design and development of multiple national programs in education, including bringing enterprising skill sets to thousands of young people through $20 Boss at the Foundation for Young Australians
- Accelerating the development of educators in rural, regional and remote settings through the Future Leaders Program at Teach for Australia
- Bringing new products to market in an Australian based ed-tech start-up, Edrolo, focussing on supporting educators with the transition to teaching in a technology lead classroom.
Georgie has worked extensively with leaders in education, developing their skills, behaviours, beliefs and mindsets towards student centric positive change. Georgie holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne
Andres Pollano (Senior Associate)
Andres is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He joined the firm in June 2019 and has particular strengths in quantitative analysis and problem-solving. He has demonstrated a strong ability to gather and analyse complex data to deliver practical insights.
Prior to joining Right Lane, he worked in private equity and in valuation advisory services.
Andres’ recent projects include:
- Helping a large non-profit superannuation fund to refine its direct-to-member growth strategy, including segmenting, sizing and prioritising the market.
- Helping a large non-profit financial services firm refresh its long-term strategy.
- Conducting financial analysis for a large network of pharmacies to understand the key drivers of profitability across the business and developing a plan to return underperforming pharmacies to profitability.
- Assisting a superannuation fund to review and redesign a detailed strategy and business planning process map.
- Framing and conducting analyses to assess different strategic growth options for small-to-medium-sized industry super funds.
Andres also plays an important role in Right Lane’s institutional investor practice. Since joining Right Lane, he has worked with eight superannuation funds and related service providers. and has contributed to the last two editions of Right Lane’s Industry Super Forces at Work report.
Andres holds a Bachelor of Financial Management from Tec de Monterrey, Mexico. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and completed exchanges at the University of Melbourne and at Monash University.
Cassandra Pace (Senior Associate)
Cassandra is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. She works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Cassandra has more than 18 years of experience in a range of strategy, policy, project and research roles. She has worked in federal and state government in Australia and local government in England spanning topics including film, television and digital games, small business and international tax. Cassandra has strengths in developing strategies and policies, leading strategic and business planning processes, tailoring written communication to diverse audiences, and managing projects and stakeholders.
Prior to joining Right Lane Consulting, Cassandra's most recent role was as the Principal Adviser in the Policy and Advocacy team at the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In this role she delivered the Victoria Summit 2021 Playbook, which created a shared vision for Victoria in 2050, and highlights her ability to turn a big idea into a quality deliverable.
Cassandra’s recent projects include:
- Strategy development, organisational re-design and service re-design for a newly merged social services provider in Victoria
- Initial program design for an innovative pilot of an early intervention program that aims to reduce violence for a social services provider in Victoria
- Development of an evidence and impact strategy for a National primary prevention body.
Cassandra is motivated to drive change and make a positive impact and pursues this in both professional and volunteer roles. She was a director on the Music Victoria board where she fulfilled her passion for supporting Australian stories and culture creators. Cassandra has also completed The Observership Program and joined the Farmer Incubator board in 2022.
Cassandra recently completed a Master of Business Administration at Monash University and received a Dean's Commendation. She also holds a Bachelor of Business (First Class Honours) from the Queensland University of Technology.
Dheeraj Jayakumar (Senior Associate)
Dheeraj is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Dheeraj’s most recent role was as a strategy analyst at RMIT University, leading project workstreams and supporting stakeholder engagement efforts in strategic planning and organisational effectiveness projects.
Dheeraj's passion lies in effective problem solving and his diverse background in consulting, engineering and human-centred design have exposed him to numerous problem-solving approaches.
Dheeraj’s recent projects at Right Lane include:
- Assisted a large institutional investor to undertake a fee structure review to continue to offer a compelling value proposition for its clients while delivering on its objectives of simplification and sustainability
- Helping a leading asset consultant to run an inclusive board strategy day, with an emphasis on the organisation's employee value proposition and people strategy
- Supporting a large Australian airport articulate its core purpose and customer-focused vision by engaging the organisation, along with refreshing its 3-year strategic plan
Previously he worked in Accenture, liaising with cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of business solutions. Dheeraj also collaborated with a leading seaport in India and published a paper on productivity improvement in the International Journal of Business Innovation and Research in 2017.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Dheeraj’s most recent role was as a strategy analyst at RMIT University, leading project workstreams and supporting stakeholder engagement efforts in strategic planning and organisational effectiveness projects
Dheeraj holds a Master of Engineering Management from RMIT University and a Bachelor of Technology from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India.
Jacob Mercer (Senior Associate)
Jacob is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Jacob is passionate about creating positive impact for the wider-community by optimising the effectiveness of its organisations and businesses. He has strengths in problem disaggregation and quantitative analysis, often combining the two in order to achieve clear, data-based insights.
Jacob has previously taught economics tutorials at the University of Melbourne, provided support to students with a disability as an Academic Support Worker, and worked as a strategy consultant at a Melbourne-based start-up. As an Academic Support Worker, Jacob was given the unique opportunity to learn how different fields approach problem-solving by attending weekly classes across all departments of the university, from first-year psychology to fifth-year law.
In his time at Right Lane. Jacob has worked on 20 projects across a variety of industries including:
- Superannuation: Identified the quantitative attributes that a super fund would need to best position itself as an efficient and competitive fund in the future. Re-designed the organisation structure of a super fund to effectively deliver the fund’s new strategy.
- Utilities: Developed a framework to prioritise initiatives and programs, driving the business to make informed trade-off decisions ahead of an upcoming Price Submission.
- Philanthropy: Developed a new strategy that maximises the effectiveness and scale of philanthropic giving for an environmental philanthropy organisation, followed by assisting with implementation planning.
- Start-ups: Worked with a solar energy start-up’s board and executive team to develop a 3-year strategic plan that clarifies their objective and scope choices.
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne with majors in Finance and Economics (First Class Honours, Dean’s List 2018).
Matthew Foskey (Senior Associate)
Matthew is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Matthew has expertise in strategy and policy across multiple portfolios in the Victorian public sector and most recently held the role of Strategic Adviser and acting Director at Emergency Recovery Victoria in the Victorian Government.
Matthew is a qualified Australian Lawyer and commenced his career delivering tax and employment law advisory services to both ASX-listed companies and not-for-profits for a large consulting firm. This included extensive engagements relating to industrial disputes, workers compensation, fringe benefits tax and payroll tax.
Abhishek Gupta (Senior Associate)
Abhishek is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Abhishek is a problem-solver with five years’ experience in engineering design and consulting. He is passionate about delivering the next generation of strategy insights and innovative solutions. Completing an MBA has added global context to an existing skills portfolio of strategic thinking, critical analysis and technical excellence. Abhishek has a strong desire to assist business leaders in a wide range of industries with their most complex and pressing problems. Abhishek has worked on a range of projects across multiple industries including:
Software and Technology:
Engagement on the product strategy of a global education platform to test business models with the goal of boosting revenue and building competitive advantage.
Engineering and Infrastructure:
Assisted in the delivery of critical infrastructure projects across the design and construction process. Success factors involved strong stakeholder engagement and communication with private and government clients.
Sustainability and Climate Change:
Experience working with at-risk communities in the Asia Pacific and a comprehensive understanding of the impact of climate change on critical factors such as rising sea levels and supply chain disruptions.
Abhishek holds an MBA from the Melbourne Business School at the University of Melbourne and an honours degree in Civil Engineering from University of New South Wales (UNSW).
Alice Zeng (Senior Associate)
Alice is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. She works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Alice has five years' experience in consulting across a broad range of industries including Not-for-profit (NFP), Financial Services, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Grocery Retail, and FMCG. She has experience in strategy development, operating model and organization design, business process and performance improvement, and digital product development and implementation.
Alice is a strategic and logical thinker with a proven track record in delivering high quality, differentiated outcomes for clients through data-driven research and analysis. She is passionate about leveraging her skills and expertise to drive positive outcomes in the broader community, particularly in the areas of sustainability and climate change.
Alice’s experience includes:
- Facilitating design thinking workshops to co-define strategy and strategic initiatives for global legal and risk functions
- Defining enterprise-wide governance frameworks for a global company
- Developing future state operating model and organisation structures for global and national back-office functions
- Developing strategic cost-reduction initiatives and roadmap to achieve defined spend targets for a leading pharmaceutical wholesaler and distributor
- Developing a strategic initiative roadmap for a Commonwealth NFP to reduce reliance on government grants
- Designing and deploying enterprise executive reporting dashboards and Governance, Risk, and Compliance platforms in major Australian banks
Prior to joining Right Lane, Alice worked as an Associate Manager in Strategy and Consulting at Accenture. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce/Laws (Honours) from Monash University and studied abroad at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
Sacha Leonard (Associate)
Sacha is an associate at Right Lane Consulting with a passion for public policy problems.
He has experience serving clients in the superannuation and not-for-profit sectors, focusing on issues including climate change and the clean energy transition, social and affordable housing development and social service provision. He brings a rigorous research background, strong qualitative analysis skills and keen stakeholder management to all engagements. Sacha holds a Master of Public Policy and Management and Bachelor of Arts Honours (Philosophy) from the University of Melbourne.
Sacha’s recent projects include:
- Developing member and outreach strategies for Australia’s peak climate philanthropy network
- Reviewing programs and departments within Australia’s largest organisation engaged in primary prevention of violence against women and their children
- Assisting with strategy and planning days for the Executive team of one of Australia’s largest super funds
- Supporting with stakeholder consultation for a global responsible investment organisation.
Alex Shen (Associate)
Alex is an Associate at Right Lane Consulting. He leads project delivery and conducts in-depth analysis to support senior consultants and client teams achieve successful outcomes.
Alex’s project experience at Right Lane Consulting includes:
- conducting comprehensive qualitative analysis of the viewpoints expressed during a series of stakeholder forums and developing a concise, insightful reports for key stakeholders
- creating in-depth reports to aid the approval and implementation of budget-improvement initiatives for a local council and supporting the development of a communication engagement strategy to maximise the utility of these reports.
- preparing for and co-facilitating 20+ stakeholder workshops as part of the co-development of a new organisational structure for a large mental health organisation; including engagement with people with lived experience, First Nations people and clinical stakeholders.
- supporting the development of a 5-year strategy for a major metropolitan cemetery trust, including engaging with internal and external stakeholders to gather perspectives and key insights.
Alex has completed a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne in 2022, majoring in Economics and Finance. As part of his studies, Alex was involved in a student society where he spearheaded the development of an educational initiative to deliver financial literacy to disadvantaged high school students.
Alex has previous experience as a vacationer at EY, as well as completing internships at ANZ and Viridian Advisory. He is passionate about making a positive impact on the organisations he works with.
Josh Ramsay (Associate)
Josh is an associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Josh’s project experience at Right Lane Consulting includes:
- supporting the preparation and delivery of a workshop for the external relations team of a global pension fund manager to determine how to build the appropriate capabilities and ways of working to execute on their strategy
- providing support to a mid-sized superannuation fund to clarify their priorities and resource their strategic activities alongside an impending merger
- supporting a community-based member organisation to develop its new strategy and working alongside the board to consider options for long term sustainability
- preparing for and coordinating stakeholder forums to gather input across the housing and homelessness sectors to inform the creation of a new state government housing agency
- supporting the governance review of the board of a state government agency to assess its function and performance with respect to its unique and evolving obligations
Prior to joining Right Lane Consulting, Josh worked in qualitative research at a strategic marketing consultancy and interned at a boutique management consulting firm.
Josh completed a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne in 2022, majoring in economics and marketing. Josh represented the University of Melbourne internationally in case competitions, winning both the Central European Case Competition and the Trans-Tasman Case Competition.
Josh is passionate about financial inclusion and improving people’s housing security. Whilst completing his studies, Josh was a project leader at the Melbourne Microfinance Initiative, a student-run consultancy. He worked with a microfinance institution based in Laos to develop an environmental sustainability strategy, and with one of the largest charities in the Philippines on a project relating to social return on investment (SROI) which valued the impact of national disaster relocation program.
Jo Bradley (Head Of Finance, Governance & Enablement)
Jo is the head of finance, governance and enablement at Right Lane Consulting, respected by her colleagues for her action-oriented approach, attention to detail and ability to ‘zoom in and out’ on organisational issues.
Jo is responsible for managing our administration function, with a focus on firm governance, internal reporting and consulting enablement. Jo has also project managed a number of client engagements in our low and pro bono program, including two philanthropic summits focusing on alleviating place-based disadvantage and several board strategy workshops for not for profit organisations.
Prior to joining Right Lane ten years ago, Jo was a general manager in the solar energy sector and held management roles in the apparel industry. She holds a Bachelor of Environmental Science from Murdoch University and a Graduate Diploma of Corporate Environmental Management from Monash University, both with distinction.
Cliodhna Dempsey (Proposal Coordinator)
Cliodhna is our Proposal coordinator at Right Lane Consulting.
Cliodhna has worked for Partners in Performance for over two years as their global in-house graphic designer. Prior to this she has experience working in a boutique graphic design studio and a SEO agency, specialising in branding.
Cliodhna has a first-class honours degree from National College of Art and Design, in Ireland.
Lauren Spiteri (Head Of New Client Development & Digital Assets)
Lauren leads our digital marketing and new client development functions.
Lauren matches consulting teams with client projects, considering clients’ needs and project requirements, team balance, and consultants’ development needs. She works closely with our associates, project managers, and analysts, coaching them on engagement management, in order that we can continue to deliver to the highest professional standards.
Lauren also leads our design and data visualisation team whose remit is to create workshop materials, presentations and reports of exceptional quality.
Her ability to think through projects from start to finish helps to ensure that Right Lane projects run smoothly and that no stone is left unturned.
Lauren holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Business from La Trobe and Victoria universities respectively.
Antony Dasios (Executive Assistant/Team Assistant)
Antony is an Executive Assistant at Right Lane and works closely with stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes
He works closely with the Right Lane team offering support in areas including business strategy, change management and leadership development.
Antony builds and maintains client relationships by understanding their specific business goals and objectives and providing personalised support and solutions.
Antony holds a Bachelors in Technology and Diploma of Media and is feeding his love of technology by undertaking a Diploma in Applied IT