Our expert team of consultants are passionate about what they do.
MARC LEVY (FOUNDER / DIRECTOR)
Marc is the founding director of Right Lane Consulting. He has played leading roles in strategic and business planning processes for nearly 100 organisations, worked with more than 80 CEOs and facilitated around 600 management and board workshops. To our knowledge, there is no more experienced leader of strategy and planning processes in the country, and Marc is one of a handful of top team strategy facilitators globally with more than 10,000 hours of experience in this discipline.
Marc’s engagements have included:
- Strategy and planning: Running a third consecutive strategic planning process for one of Australia’s largest super funds. Co-creating integrated strategy, planning, resource allocation and budgeting processes for a UN initiative. Leading processes to cascade corporate strategies, initiatives and metrics through to business and divisional plans and individuals’ performance development plans for industry associations, healthcare clients and super funds.
- Vision and purpose: Assisting clients in professional services, financial services, consumer and industrial products, and the social sector to create galvanising company statements that provide context for strategic decision making and act as a rallying point for employees.
- Growth: Leading projects centred on growth options evaluation, pricing, merger candidate qualification, new product and market feasibility, and brand strategy.
- Organisation: Working with clients on organisation design, decision making, meeting effectiveness, service provider alignment and resource allocation optimisation. He also helps clients to align their organisation structures and operating rhythms to their strategies.
- Stakeholder engagement: Moderating highly inclusive stakeholder engagement processes in the local government, aged care and superannuation sectors.
Marc has completed transformational work across several industries, including having made contributions to reviving a major global sport in Australia and saving a 150-year old Victorian institution. Marc has worked as a strategic advisor to several award winning not for profit super funds and their peak bodies.
He holds business degrees from Monash University and the Melbourne Business School and a PhD from the University of Melbourne on a topic relating to economic and social participation policy.
ZOE PAPPAS (PRINCIPAL)
Zoe is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has been with the firm for 11 years. In the past three years, Zoe has worked on nearly 130 consulting projects and facilitated over 200 workshops, primarily with executive teams and boards.
Zoe has developed a reputation for clear thinking and communication, including the ability to reframe complex problems making them easier to understand and solve. Her projects consistently achieve high client satisfaction and advocacy ratings, in part because she stays close to clients and their wants and needs. Zoe prides herself on never missing a client signal and always being on top of how directors and executives are thinking about her projects.
Zoe has extensive experience in leading strategy, planning, growth and organisation projects in the financial services, retail, healthcare and government sectors. Her recent projects have involved:
- Strategy and planning: Facilitating strategic thinking and strategic planning workshops with a multitude of for profit, not for profit and government organisations. Facilitating steering committees (including a diverse range of stakeholders and views) as they oversaw a critical organisation change. Developing a strategy and organisation design for a disruptive specialty retailer with a promising growth trajectory.
- Vision and purpose: Working with several organisations in the financial services and travel and leisure sectors to help board and executive teams rethink their vision and purpose statements to help guide strategic decision making.
- Growth strategy: Facilitating staff and board workshops with one of Australia’s largest industry super funds. Working with a large client team to transform a financial services organisation’s approach to growth strategy, from executing priority growth options to supporting a subcommittee of senior directors to advance the merger agenda.
- Organisation: Leading organisation redesign projects for wealth management, superannuation and telecommunications industry clients. Helping clients to design and operationalise integrated performance management systems, from corporate balanced scorecards to individual KPI frameworks. Working with marketing, business development and operations teams to improve the effectiveness of their structures, processes, resource allocation and performance management.
Before joining Right Lane, Zoe had 15 years experience in operational and management roles. She was previously a business manager, financial controller and management accountant in the publishing, entertainment, communications and IT security industries. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Melbourne Business School.
CHIARA LAWRY (PRINCIPAL)
Chiara is a principal at Right Lane Consulting. Chiara leads our public sector practice, she has deep experience in the public and social sectors, bringing more than ten years working in and for government and the social sector as a strategy consultant and a policy adviser.
Beyond the public sector, Chiara also has consulting experience across a broad range of industries including financial services, industrial goods and the retail industry. She has experience in strategy, organisational transformation and business development and is passionate about supporting her clients to solve their toughest problems.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Preparing for and facilitating the board strategy day for one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds. This work included supporting the CEO to set and shape the priorities and content for the board.
- Organisation design: Working for the executive team of a large social services not for profit (NFP) to redesign their operating model to increase program integration and improve client outcomes.
- Growth: Supporting the CEO and executive team of a national advocacy organisation to scale their influence in response to increased government funding.
- Stakeholder alignment: Designing and leading a co-design process to bring together government community leaders and end users to design a new initiative to support economic development in regional Victoria.
Chiara has a deep passion for social impact and has worked with a number of local and international NFP organisations. She was a founding volunteer and board member at the Oaktree Foundation. She has worked with indigenous organisations in the Cape York Peninsula and the Tiwi Islands. Chiara has been awarded a scholarship to participate in the Victorian Government’s Women’s Leadership Program for 2019.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Chiara worked at the Boston Consulting Group where she was a core member of the public sector practice. Chiara was a Policy Adviser at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet in Canberra where she worked under the Rudd and Gillard Governments on health reform and international policy.
Chiara has a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Australian National University and a Masters of Public Administration from Columbia University.
DEBBIE WILLIAMS (SENIOR EXPERT)
Debbie is a senior expert at Right Lane Consulting with 22 years of consulting experience across a range of industries including government, community services, education, health care and financial services.
Debbie is respected by her colleagues and clients for her ability to quickly synthesise complex information, assess the potential of opportunities and ask probing questions.
She is an expert in governance, strategy development and implementation, and performance improvement. She has contributed significantly to Right Lane’s knowledge and methods in the areas of assessing board capabilities and effectiveness, growth strategy and merger option evaluation.
Her recent projects have included:
- Strategy and planning: Developing the Council plan and Business plan for one of Victoria's largest metropolitan councils. Conducting strategic planning processes – including the facilitation of executive team workshops – for several clients.
- Organisation design: Working with the Executive team of a social services organisation; designed a new organisation structure and accountability framework to aligned the organisation to its new strategic priorities.
- Governance: Working with directors of a professional services company to diagnose governance challenges in the partnership structure and collaborate to establish the framework of an improved leadership structure.
- Growth: Helping the board of a major institutional investor agree on a growth strategy and build a new management structure, working from strategy, through capabilities, to PDs and KPIs.
- Merger assessment: Developing a merger assessment tool for a homecare health services provider to guide the Board’s decision making on potential partners.
In addition to her consulting work, Debbie is an experienced non-executive director. She is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company and from 2009-18 was a non-executive director of Monash Health the largest health service in Victoria with a budget of over $1.8 billion.
Before Right Lane, Debbie was an engagement manager at Booz & Co. She has a MBA (with distinction) from one of the world’s leading programs at INSEAD, a masters of operations research from Auckland University and a bachelor of commerce from Canterbury University.
ANDREW BAKER (SENIOR EXPERT)
Andrew is a senior expert at Right Lane Consulting, with deep competencies in strategic planning, business analysis and modelling, consumer and market research and alignment of IT with business practice. He has more than 16 years of consulting experience, involving over 100 separate engagements, and has been a member of Right Lane’s professional network for more than ten years.
Some of Andrew’s recent projects have involved:
- Strategy and planning: Being one of the lead authors on Right Lane’s annual white paper on Industry Super Forces at Work and co-facilitating an industry forum that examined challenges presented by changing policy and competitive landscapes.
- Business analysis and modelling: Developing a business case, including detailed financial modelling, for a significant technology investment for one of Australia’s largest industry superannuation funds.
- Consumer and market research: Facilitating—with a client team—a detailed analysis of the market for superannuation products within a large and growing sector of the Australian economy.
- Alignment of IT with business requirements: Playing a key role in implementation planning for a major technology infrastructure outsourcing initiative at a large Australian bank.
Andrew began his career at Accenture, where he was involved in strategy engagements in Australia and Asia and received training in strategic and financial analysis in France and the United States. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce, a Bachelor of Science and a Diploma of Modern Languages in Indonesian from the University of Melbourne.
MATT HARDY (SENIOR EXPERT)
Matt has spent more than a dozen years in consulting, including five years at McKinsey & Company and seven years with Right Lane Consulting, leading high-performing teams in strategy, organisational and operational problem-solving studies.
Matt’s recent projects have included:
- Reviewing operating models for super funds, fintech companies, a major energy company, mining companies, FMCGs, supermarket retailers.
- Reviewing strategy and operating model for the digital R&D agenda of an ASX100 company.
- Reviewing operating rhythms for the investment department of a leading super fund.
- Reviewing an organisation’s values, with respect to connection to strategy and performance culture, for a leading corporate client.
- Facilitating a series of strategy reviews for the Australian office of a global FMCG company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a leading logistics company.
- Conducting a strategy review for a diversified industrial holding company.
- Supporting a super fund in developing an integrated growth strategy.
Matt previously worked for seven years in management roles in the finance function of wholesale bank Abbey Financial Markets in London and the United States. His industry experience spans financial services, mining, retail, consumer goods, transport, energy, oil and gas, telco, government and not for profits.
Matt holds an MBA from the Melbourne Business School (Dean’s List) and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
ABHISHEK CHHIKARA (ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL)
Abhishek is an associate principal at Right Lane Consulting with strong quantitative and analytical skills. He has deep experience in helping boards and executives navigate complex challenges facing their organisations, and he has a particular interest in helping clients understand the link between their strategy and financial performance.
Abhishek is a core member of Right Lane’s institutional investor and superannuation practice, which comprises leading Australian investment organisations that collectively represent nearly $500bn in capital. In his time at Right Lane, Abhishek has worked with over 50 clients on more than 100 consulting projects – a reflection of his work ethic and his colleagues’ confidence in him.
His recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Helping a large non-profit financial services organisation to refresh its long-term strategy. Co-developing measurement, monitoring and review processes for a prominent Victorian non-profit organisation. Assisting a financial services organisation to cascade their strategy throughout the organisation.
- Organisation effectiveness: Leading an organisation redesign process for a large non-profit financial services organisation. Working with an investment team of a superannuation fund to build a high performing investment team. Helping teams create alignment within their teams, improve their ways of working, and boost their effectiveness for multiple financial services organisations.
- Growth: Developing a business case for a financial services client to enter a new market. Working with a non-profit disability employment service provider to develop a growth strategy and business plan. Working with a client team to develop a growth and implementation strategy for a new business. Helping a client team to identify and prioritise potential opportunities for inorganic growth through mergers and partnerships.
- Superannuation: Abhishek has served 15 superannuation fund and fund service providers on nearly 70 projects, ranging from board strategy offsites to investment team capability building. He has worked with investment teams of three funds on projects relating to strategy development, operating model design, and business case development. Abhishek has played a leading role in Right Lane’s thought leadership in superannuation, contributing to the Retirement Incomes Forum and the development of the last four editions of Right Lane’s annual Industry Super Forces at Work Report.
- Analysis and modelling: Working with a client team to diagnose the organisation’s current situation and challenges for a large industry association. Helping a non-profit financial services client develop an understanding of the key strategic issues facing their business. Developing financial models to assist a client with its pricing strategy. Conducting industry analyses to help clients understand the changing environment and the implications for their organisations.
Abhishek holds a Bachelor of Engineering from Monash University with first class honours.
CHLOE MITCHELL (ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL)
Chloe is an associate principal at Right Lane Consulting. She has expertise in the public and social sectors, with particular focus on health and human services, developed through seven years consulting experience and over six years working in strategy, commercial and operations roles with a global healthcare provider.
Chloe has delivered projects across strategy, due diligence and merger integration, policy and program evaluation, new service design and implementation, data and analytics, and transformation. She is focused on partnering with clients to tackle challenging problems and deliver solutions that can be executed to achieve impact.
Her project experience includes:
- Strategy and planning: working with Executive and leadership teams to develop vision and strategic priorities, conduct annual planning and budgeting, develop and cascade program plans for execution.
- Policy and program evaluation: monitoring and evaluation of a range of state and federal initiatives across health, education, employment, social services and environment to assess implementation effectiveness and outcomes and advise on ongoing funding.
- New services and growth: scoping options, preparing the business case and implementation plan, engaging stakeholders and teams, and leading execution for development of new sites, services and technologies.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Chloe worked with the world's largest oncology and cardiology provider, GenesisCare, in a range of Executive and management roles. Prior to that she has worked as a management consultant with Kearney, Urbis and Nous Group.
Chloe holds degrees in Arts and Engineering (Chemical) from the University of Melbourne, with first class honours.
ANDREA ARGENIO (ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL)
Andrea is an associate principal at Right Lane Consulting. He is a versatile practitioner with a particular focus on financial services, retail, and energy sectors. Andrea has seven years of consulting experience across Europe, Australia, and South-East Asia.
Andrea has delivered and managed client engagements across large-scale cost transformations, operating model, and digital strategy projects. He has a collaborative style, working hand-in-hand with clients to co-create solutions which deliver a lasting impact.
His project experience includes:
- Digital diagnostic and delivery: working with a global soft-drinks bottler to diagnose operational pain-points, develop digital “North-Star” ambitions incl. business case for change, and implementing the desired end-state incl. operating model enablers.
- Cost transformation: analysing opportunities for cost-efficiencies for a major Australian convenience retailer, prioritising initiatives, and leading a consulting team of 10+ through multiple waves of third-party cost optimisation activities.
- Operating model design: for a Melbourne-based University, developed the new procurement operating model incl. organisational design, processes, technology and capabilities required to achieve closer alignment to internal College customers.
- Go to market strategy: developing the strategy for a leading Australian energy retailer to operationalise and capitalise on incoming smart meter regulatory changes, focussing on increasing the number of new customer connections.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Andrea worked as a management consultant at Kearney, where he was a core member of the Strategic Operations practice, as well global procurement specialists, Efficio, and Bain & Co.
Andrea holds a Master’s degree in Engineering (Chemical) from the University of Surrey, with first class honours.
TAL KARP (SENIOR EXPERT)
Tal is a senior expert with Right Lane Consulting and leads our Sports Practice and Innovation Practice.
An Olympian, lawyer and expert facilitator, Tal brings extensive experience in sport, legal and public sectors to Right Lane. Tal’s focus includes providing strategy, policy and stakeholder engagement services and advice for clients across the public, not for profit and private sectors.
A skilled facilitator and engagement expert, Tal has successfully designed and delivered a large range of deliberative engagement processes on complex, sensitive and contentious topics. Innovation, inclusivity, transparency and accountability have been hallmarks of her approach.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Tal ran her own strategy and deliberative engagement practice. Over the course of her career, Tal has held a variety of senior legal practice, policy and strategy roles, including with Victoria Legal Aid, the Sentencing Advisory Council, the Department of Justice and the Victorian Minister for Women and the Prevention of Family Violence.
As Civil Advocate in Victoria Legal Chambers, Tal appeared in complex civil and criminal matters in jurisdictions including the Victorian Supreme Court, County Court, Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
After completing a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts at ANU with first class honours in law and the University’s Blackburn Medal for Research, Tal became an Associate to Justice Hayne of the High Court of Australia.
In earlier years, Tal balanced her legal career with elite sport, representing Australia as a member of the Matildas and captaining Melbourne Victory in the W-League. Tal is a Senior Fellow of Sports Law (Melbourne Law Masters) at the University of Melbourne and a ‘Change our Game’ Ambassador for the Victorian Government. A graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Tal is a Board Director of Victoria Legal Aid, the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and YMCA Australia.
JESS COSSENS (ENGAGEMENT MANAGER)
Jess is an engagement manager with Right Lane Consulting, who works closely with client teams to deliver projects that engage participants, make the work fun, and deliver relevant and usable outcomes.
She is cognisant of the perspectives that different stakeholders bring to a project, and designs her interactions to get the most from these different groups. In her 4 years at Right Lane, Jess has delivered strategy, organisation and engagement projects across a range of sectors, including financial services, government agencies, not for profits, healthcare and education.
Jess’s recent engagements include:
- Strategy and planning: Working closely with clients to diagnose the internal and external factors impacting upon their organisations, and using this knowledge to inform the development of their strategic plans. Facilitating strategic planning workshops for social-impact organisations, helping to balance financial needs with social aspirations.
- Organisational effectiveness: Working with the executive team of a family business to develop a revised organisational structure based on their new strategy. Developing a fit-for-future performance management approach for a mutual insurer to help uplift management’s focus on results and better support staff with their development.
- Strategy mobilisation: Engaging with teams to help them understand the broader organisational strategy and how their contribution has impact; supporting team and individual performance plans in line with the needs of the business strategy.
- Gender equality: Leading the analysis of workforce and employee experience data to help clients understand their current performance, then facilitating an inclusive process to codesign tailored strategies to promote and affect change in their organisations
- Stakeholder alignment: Planning and facilitating inclusive stakeholder engagement processes, ensuring all perspectives are expressed and fostering innovation in client organisations.
Jess represents that rare mix of analytical thinking and creative expression. With degrees in Mechanical Engineering (first class honours) and Arts (Drama and Theatre Studies) from Monash University, she appreciates bold visionary thinking supported by solid evidence.
ASHLEE BOOTH (EXPERT)
Ashlee is an expert at Right Lane Consulting. Ashlee has broad cross-sector experience working across government, financial services, retail, mining, industrials, power and utilities. Ashlee is passionate about driving strategic growth outcomes for her clients, and garnering energy and strategic alignment across organisations. Ashlee has deep experience in delivering strategic projects, both in-house and as a strategy consultant.
Prior to joining Right Lane, Ashlee was based in New York, working as a senior manager in the Strategy and Corporate Development team of a US$2.1bn eCommerce/retail start-up, Warby Parker. Prior to that, Ashlee spent 4 years in the strategy team at EY.
Her recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Led the strategic planning process across multiple business units at an eCommerce/retail company including development of 3-year strategy, OKRs, operating plan, technology roadmap, headcount plan and budget.
- Growth strategy: Led the development of a new revenue growth strategy for an Australian electricity transmission company through current state assessment, market analysis, strategy development and financial modelling.
- Organisation design: Managed the strategic restructure of a global mining services company through future-state organisation design, cost modelling and executive engagement.
- Stakeholder alignment: Facilitated multiple global workshops to gain executive alignment of vision, target operating model, organisation structure and KPIs for a global financial services company.
Ashlee has a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
ROBYN COLLETTE (EXPERT)
Robyn is an expert with Right Lane Consulting.
Her experience covers all parts of retail value chain. Past engagements have included developing sales and marketing strategies for beverage and apparel clients, managing the offshore back office of a start-up, and leading business improvement ideation and implementation for retail clients.
Prior to having a family, Robyn worked as a consultant for McKinsey & Company on engagements covering operations, organisational design and strategy. Robyn’s consulting experience is complemented by management and operational roles in investor relations and marketing.
Robyn holds an MBA from the Melbourne Business School (Rupert Murdoch Fellow, Dean’s List) and a Bachelor of Business Management and a Bachelor of Arts (Japanese) from the University of Queensland (AIEJ Scholarship, Dean’s Commendations for High Achievement).
RICHARD WAID (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Richard is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting with extensive experience working alongside the boards, executive teams and staff of our clients to solve complex business problems using collaborative approaches.
He is known by clients and colleagues for his structured, creative and consultative approach to problem-solving. This is supported by his skill in drawing insights from quantitative and qualitative data, and his ability to communicate nuanced concepts in a clear and simple way.
In Right Lane engagements, Richard is responsible for leading and structuring the problem-solving, owning the project workplan, managing project resources, facilitating client interactions, and leading the development of written outcomes/reports.
Examples of Richard’s recent engagements include:
- Leading a service model design process with a committee of several organisations representing financial advice in the superannuation sector (including financial planners, funds, and technology providers). This involved a series of carefully planned and facilitated workshops with committee members—and other stakeholders that represent the consumers and regulators of advice—to develop advice service models that can better meet the needs of Australians.
- Managing a strategy and service model design process with a partnership of organisations that provide pro-bono legal support to Victorians affected by disaster. This was done over several structured workshops that engaged all partner organisations, stakeholders in the emergency management sector, and Australians with lived experience of disaster, to co-design the partnerships’ future strategy and service delivery model.
- Supporting a prominent and leading Australian FinTech organisation to review and redesign their organisational structure as they transitioned from a one-product to a multi-product business.
- Supporting a major Victorian utilities organisation to address issues in their strategic effectiveness across 4 domains: governance, processes, implementation and delivery practices, and team culture. This involved establishing and managing 4 client working groups (one per domain) to diagnose the issues in each domain and co-develop solutions with the business.
- Advising a leading Australian language services provider on adapting to significant cost increases to their workforce obligations. This 8-month process included in-depth analysis of demand data to model, and quantify the benefits of, alternative operating models to mitigate the impacts of these workforce changes.
Richard holds degrees in Commerce and Engineering, with first class honours, from Monash University.
SIMON CHUAH (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Simon is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting with experience in strategic planning and implementation, organisation design and organisational effectiveness applied over more than 40 engagements.
Since joining Right Lane, Simon has worked across public, private and not-for-profit sectors, including completing a secondment with an Australian not-for-profit’s strategy team.
Simon’s recent projects include:
- Strategy and planning: Supporting a peak body in developing a new strategic plan through desktop research and facilitated working sessions at the board, executive and all-staff levels, and working with the executive team to cascade the plan down to individual staff priorities.
- Organisation design: Working with a community services organisation to design a new organisational structure and define accountabilities for the new leadership team.
- Organisation effectiveness: Implementing a new planning process at a sales and distribution organisation and kick-starting the capturing of efficiency improvements across the business.
- Program evaluation: Conducting an assessment of the steps required to enable the delivery of a ~$50m community-owned project, involving stakeholder consultation, expert interviews and targeted research.
- Growth: Conducting analyses for a not-for-profit to identify the highest-opportunity channels to target for its recruitment strategy, involving data analysis, focus group and interview facilitation and desktop research.
Simon holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne.
TOM TANHCHAREUN (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Tom is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. Tom is an experienced problem-solver. He enjoys working on complex client challenges, and has a particular interest engaging stakeholders to scaffold problem solving.
Tom has a strong track record of in-house and contracted advisory services, with a focus on social policy, and international aid and development. Prior to joining Right Lane, Tom worked for a non-profit consultancy advising clients across the international aid and development sector, including the Australian government, UN agencies, the Asian Development Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
He has also worked as a senior policy advisor providing advice to the Premier on development and implementation of Victoria’s NDIS and disability policy.
Tom holds a Master of Studies (Gender and Development) from the Australian National University and a Bachelor of International Studies (Development Studies) with first class honours from the University of New South Wales.
ANDRES POLLANO (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Andres is a senior associate at Right Lane Consulting. He joined the firm in June 2019 and has particular strengths in quantitative analysis and problem-solving. He has demonstrated a strong ability to gather and analyse complex data to deliver practical insights.
Prior to joining Right Lane, he worked in private equity and in valuation advisory services.
Andres’ recent projects include:
- Helping a large non-profit superannuation fund to refine its direct-to-member growth strategy, including segmenting, sizing and prioritising the market.
- Helping a large non-profit financial services firm refresh its long-term strategy.
- Conducting financial analysis for a large network of pharmacies to understand the key drivers of profitability across the business and developing a plan to return underperforming pharmacies to profitability.
- Assisting a superannuation fund to review and redesign a detailed strategy and business planning process map.
Andres holds a Bachelor of Financial Management from Tec de Monterrey, Mexico. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and completed exchanges at the University of Melbourne and at Monash University.
JACOB KELLOCK (SENIOR ASSOCIATE)
Jacob is a senior associate with Right Lane Consulting. He has 3 years' experience implementing digital transformation projects in both the private and public sector, and 5 years' experience in professional services in the financial services and not-for-profit sectors.
Jacob is passionate about helping organisations and communities reach their full potential by combining intentional leadership development with the design and implementation of innovative and ethical business strategies.
Jacob’s recent projects include:
- Strategy implementation: Supported the Australian division of a multinational consumer goods company to implement its national strategy throughout all departments of the organisation. The 6-month engagement included implementing rigorous strategic reviews, in-depth analysis of key business success metrics, and assisting the client to establish the confidence and capability required to adopt the strategic implementation on its own.
- Strategic planning: Worked with one of Australia's preeminent professional services practices to facilitate and support the review and refresh of its long-term strategy. The project included an update of the practice's strategy on a page, a refresh of key strategic priorities, and an analysis and prioritisation of initiatives to improve the practice's employee value proposition.
- Organisational effectiveness: Working with an Australian not for profit organisation to define its purpose, identify its key capabilities and strengths, channel those capabilities into a focussed growth plan, and design a scalable organisational structure to facilitate that growth.
- Digital transformation: Management of multiple streams of work on a large scale, multi-million-dollar technology implementation program for a government department, including the management of cross-functional teams and stakeholder engagement across all levels of the organisation.
Additionally, Jacob has also supported clients by facilitating RFI processes to identify preferred technology partners who can support clients on the architecture and implementation of their technology strategies.
Jacob's breadth of experience is now complemented with an MBA from Melbourne Business School, which he will complete with first class honours in September 2021.
AARON RICHARDS (ASSOCIATE)
Aaron is an associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
He has a background in research with strengths in conducting numerical and qualitative analyses and problem solving. He also has experience communicating complicated ideas in digestible formats through previous work in tertiary education and the professional sports industry.
Aaron’s recent projects include:
- Assisting the strategic planning process for several industry super funds and fund managers, helping them consider industry trends and select a clear strategic direction.
- Identifying and conducting detailed analysis on growth opportunities for two of Australia’s leading industry super funds.
- Helping a leading Australian FinTech develop their product strategy and align their organisation design.
- Assisting a not for profit organisation assess their board capabilities to identify gaps required to best achieve their goals.
- Working with teams at a leading industry super fund to develop team effectiveness and define distinct accountabilities and ways of working.
Aaron holds a commerce degree with first class honours from the University of Melbourne and honours in economics with a focus on behavioural biases relating to attribution.
OMAR AL KASSAB (ASSOCIATE)
Omar is an associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Omar has experience in solving strategic problems across multiple industries including financial services, telecommunications, education, consumer clients and public sector. He has experience in strategy, operating model design and digital transformation and is regarded for his solid analytical skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills in successful project delivery.
Outside his professional life, Omar is a notable public speaker and a youth, community and humanitarian leader passionate about social change. In 2017, Omar was a finalist for the Victorian Young Achiever Award (Leadership and community impact) and he also received the Global peace award from their majesties, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz of Saudi Arabia for his international humanitarian and community work.
Omar was previously a strategy analyst at Monitor Deloitte and holds a Bachelor of Business (majoring in finance and accounting) from RMIT University.
NICOLE LEONARD (ASSOCIATE)
Nicole is an associate at Right Lane Consulting with a passion for helping businesses and organisations deliver positive social impact. She works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
She has a background in stakeholder engagement, campaigning, communications, and policy development. Prior to joining Right Lane, she was based in Paris, France and worked as an engagement specialist on global climate and energy issues at an international not-for-profit. She has also organised civic engagement processes at the European Union in Brussels and assisted on research on political participation at the Centre for the Study of Democratic Citizenship in Montreal. She is interested in the intersection of business, community-building, and public policy in decarbonisation initiatives.
Nicole holds a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from McGill University in Political Science with an Economics minor and a Master in International Energy from Sciences Po (Paris School of International Affairs). She is fluent in French but is a native of San Diego, California.
JACOB MERCER (ASSOCIATE)
Jacob is an associate at Right Lane Consulting. He works with senior consultants and client teams to deliver successful engagements by overseeing project delivery and conducting in-depth analysis.
Jacob is passionate about creating positive impact for the wider-community by optimising the effectiveness of its organisations and businesses. He has strengths in problem disaggregation and quantitative analysis, often combining the two in order to achieve clear, data-based insights.
Jacob has previously taught economics tutorials at the University of Melbourne, provided support to students with a disability as an Academic Support Worker, and worked as a strategy consultant at a Melbourne-based start-up. As an Academic Support Worker, Jacob was given the unique opportunity to learn how different fields approach problem-solving by attending weekly classes across all departments of the university, from first-year psychology to fifth-year law.
Jacob’s recent projects include:
- Re-designing a cancer foundation’s organisational structure into one that relieves the operational burden from leadership.
- Working with a solar energy start-up’s board and executive team to develop a 3-year strategic plan that clarifies what they are aiming for, and what needs to be done in order to achieve it.
- Supporting councils to fulfil their obligations under the Gender Equality Act 2020 by providing clear explanations and analytical support.
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne with majors in Finance and Economics (First Class Honours, Dean’s List 2018).
JO BRADLEY (HEAD OF FINANCE, GOVERNANCE & ENABLEMENT)
Jo is the head of finance, governance and enablement at Right Lane Consulting, respected by her colleagues for her action-oriented approach, attention to detail and ability to ‘zoom in and out’ on organisational issues.
Jo is responsible for managing our administration function, with a focus on firm governance, internal reporting and consulting enablement. Jo has also project managed a number of client engagements in our low and pro bono program, including two philanthropic summits focusing on alleviating place-based disadvantage and several board strategy workshops for not for profit organisations.
Prior to joining Right Lane seven years ago, Jo was a general manager in the solar energy sector and held management roles in the apparel industry. She holds a Bachelor of Environmental Science from Murdoch University and a Graduate Diploma of Corporate Environmental Management from Monash University, both with distinction.
LAUREN SPITERI (HEAD OF NEW CLIENT DEVELOPMENT & DIGITAL ASSETS)
Lauren leads our digital marketing and new client development functions.
Lauren matches consulting teams with client projects, considering clients’ needs and project requirements, team balance, and consultants’ development needs. She works closely with our associates, project managers, and analysts, coaching them on engagement management, in order that we can continue to deliver to the highest professional standards.
Lauren also leads our design and data visualisation team whose remit is to create workshop materials, presentations and reports of exceptional quality.
Her ability to think through projects from start to finish helps to ensure that Right Lane projects run smoothly and that no stone is left unturned.
Lauren holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Business from La Trobe and Victoria universities respectively.
ANNA MUDIGDO (HEAD OF DESIGN)
Anna is a senior designer and head of design at Right Lane Consulting. Having worked with our firm for over ten years, and prior to that with management consulting firm McKinsey & Company, Anna is an expert at communicating strategy and complex problems with visual solutions.
With a passion for design, Anna’s motivation is to create purpose-driven, impactful and relevant design, whilst always keeping our client’s needs at the heart of both our problem solving and our solutions. Working closely with our consultant and client teams, Anna helps to think through all the project requirements to ensure quality products are delivered on time and on budget. She also coordinates and oversees our brand, digital marketing and general communication efforts.
Anna’s recent projects have included:
- Working with a UN-supported, global institutional investor initiative to develop and design its strategic plan.
- Helping to orchestrate a strategy workshop for more than 150 partners of a major professional services firm.
- Assisting with the design of a staff hack day for a division of a state government statutory authority; this hack day aimed to provide multiple solutions to a challenge relating to improving the customer experience.
Anna holds a Bachelor of Visual Communication/Graphic Design from RMIT University.
JACKIE LAWS (QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit ― ARISTOTLE.
Jackie and Aristotle have 2 things in common. First, a commitment to excellence. Second, the desire to be judged by what they do, not what they say.
Jackie has been with Right Lane Consulting in varying roles for the past 9 years. In her current role, Jackie is responsible for embedding Right Lane’s quality assurance standards in all engagements across the firm reflecting our firm's commitment to top quality consulting outcomes, and service quality. Right Lane enjoys a ‘world class’ net promoter score, currently in the mid 70s. Jackie’s role is to keep it there, and in doing so creating long-term trusted partnerships with our clients.
Jackie holds a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Geography and Psychology) and a Bachelor of Architecture (with honours) from the University of Melbourne.
STELLA MEDYGRAL (CONSULTING ENABLEMENT SPECIALIST)
Stella is the consulting enablement specialist at Right Lane Consulting, and is a respected team member with a proactive approach who is eager to learn and help others.
Stella supports the consulting team with internal and client-facing technology; engagement reporting; human resources coordination; and other support our consulting team needs to do their work.
She is enthusiastic about new systems and processes that will make our firm run more efficiently. She brings a strong background in office administration and management, with a previous role as Office manager in the accounting industry.
Stella holds a Diploma in Human Resources and is currently completing an undergraduate degree with a double major in Business and Human Resource Management at Griffith University.
‘At Right Lane I have been given the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of intelligent and enthusiastic people.’
LOU PAGART (COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST)
Lou combines her two areas of expertise – communication and design – to prepare and produce materials and presentations of the highest quality. She supports our consulting team by developing client engagement materials, ensuring they are professional, compelling, informative and highly visual.
In addition, Lou works with our marketing team to coordinate our brand, digital marketing and general communication efforts. In doing so she creates clear, consistent and engaging communications materials for dissemination across a broad range of channels.
Lou is central to Right Lane’s dynamic working environment, and has a supernatural ability to multitask.
Lou holds a Masters Degree in External and Internal Communication from the University of Lille, France.
EUAN BRUCE (PRESENTATION DESIGN COORDINATOR)
Euan is a presentation design coordinator at Right Lane Consulting. With extensive design and technology skills, he has an innate ability to create innovative and impactful designs, illustrations and animations for our projects.
Loving a challenge, he also relishes the opportunity to think through potentially out-dated and time consuming processes, and design innovative and intuitive alternatives to ultimately reduce overhead costs and time.
Euan holds a Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) (With Distinction) from RMIT University.